156 Berger, 143 ELDX or 147 ELDM

Losing less meat is obviously a good thing and desirable, but in my experience and what the physics tells us is that to get less meat loss there is a trade off. It's all give and take. To destroy less meat means less damage and narrower wounding caused by the bullet, plain and simple. The hope and idea is having a bullet that does just enough damage to kill quick and clean, but not too much that it destroys a lot of meat. That's a really delicate thing to balance and with reliability and consistency.

I've found it's way more reliable and consistent to use a bullet that creates plenty of damage and trauma. It sounds as though your experience with the Bergers vs Accubonds has shown that too. Losing meat sucks. Losing the whole animal sucks more. That's how I look at it and how I take my trade offs. Everyone is different though, and that's great.

Im not saying bonded bullets or any monos don't work or aren't a good choice. I still use them for certain applications because there are indeed scenarios and applications where they excel and are the better choice. I'm just picky about which ones I use lol.
Agreed, I do wish I'd have had my Barnes LRX load the day I shot my Eland. Still killed it but the mono would have been better for penetration.