Dream hunt animal

Bighorn has always been my biggest dream animal. My dad told my stories when I was a kid about rams butting heads and how it sounded like a gun going off. After 10 years of applying I drew a bighorn sheep tag this year. Totally unexpected as it seems to usually take 15-20+ years to draw.
After that hunt it will be moose and desert bighorn. I have points for moose in my home state of Colorado, but would really like to hunt Alaska. Desert bighorns are just a few miles north of my house, if I can draw the tag.

Resized952021080895165946.jpg

I just have a simple wish for a dream hunt... put the center dot on the crease of a bull elk... i may even have a Biden moment and forget to press the trigger. It must be mesmerizing looking at that majestic animal through the optics.
Hopefully we can get this done for you second season! I'm looking forward to the hunt.

Honestly, as a NH Boy who lived out in NM for a bit but never hunted out there….mule deer and pronghorn in NM is my dream hunt. I know it's not terrible exotic but the landscape and camping out next to the truck under big skies makes it for me.
I don't know which I like best New Mexico or Wyoming, but I am looking forward to my trip again to New Mexico this fall for elk.

Elk hunt , maybe in Pa, and take my 300 Weatherby. Never taken game with this rifle, and I'm about to turn 74. I had better use it pretty soon!!! I might even hunt with it in its wooden stock, and wrap it with the Camo self-stick tape. A big 7x7 is the dream!!! I think I'd be too nervous to hunt with Jack!!!!

Attachments

• 300 Weatherby  mag  Leupold Scope.jpg
    300 Weatherby mag Leupold Scope.jpg
    878.4 KB · Views: 40
  • photo (13).JPG
    photo (13).JPG
    448.7 KB · Views: 24