Do you remember the first centerfire rifle you fired and do you reload for that caliber today?

The first center-fire rifle for me was a Remington pump (I believe it was a 760) in .30-06. At the time I thought it kicked like a mule. I think I was about 15 or so. My brother in-law took me out and helped me sight in my Marlin Model 60 and then we shot his '06 to get it ready for deer season. I do not reload for .30-06 today but have really been thinking about it. The first center-fire rifle I bought was a Howa 1500 in .30-06 and I still have it. Its what I shot my first buck with.

The first rifle I ever fired was a 375HH. I was 10 years old. It almost took my arm and shoulder off. The bruises were massive, taking weeks to heal. But the grin on my face never wore off. My buddy's dad showed me how to fire it after a lot of instruction. I already had 3 years of proficiency on a .22, but the 375HH was my first centerfire. When I turned 24, I got one of my own. I still reload for it today and will never get rid of it. 66 years passes quickly.
WOW; .375HH that young! I'm glad it turned out good for you. Some people might swear off shooting after that one.

The first rifle I ever fired was a 375HH. I was 10 years old. It almost took my arm and shoulder off. The bruises were massive, taking weeks to heal. But the grin on my face never wore off. My buddy's dad showed me how to fire it after a lot of instruction. I already had 3 years of proficiency on a .22, but the 375HH was my first centerfire. When I turned 24, I got one of my own. I still reload for it today and will never get rid of it. 66 years passes quickly.
A buddy of mine had a similar experience at a young age when his uncle thought it would be funny to have him shoot a large magnum and the recoil for him was brutal. He swore he'd never fire another gun and to this day many years later he's never shot another gun...what a shame. Anyway, 30-06 still own it and reload for it 54 years later.

Winchester Model 94 in .30 WCF when I was about 14. Got into loading a few years later and still load for the same rifle, and it still kicks like a mule. Took my first deer with it some time around 1958. That was a California black tail.

A 6mm Remington! Shot my first deer with it and still reload for it! It was actually my Moms as my Dad had bought two REM 700 ADL's with a 20" tube! I think he paid a whopping $99 a piece for them!
I bought a 6mm Remington model 700 when I was about 20. Never hunted with it. Sold it to a coworker. Wish I never did...

I bought my first rifle in the 70's; a Rem 700 BDL in 7mm Rem Mag for $200.00. It's still my favorite "go-to" hunting rifle and I still reload for it. I've taken elk (one), mule deer, blacktail deer, wild pigs and coyotes with it.

1968 I bought my first rifle: Savage 110C .270Win, still have today, countless deer with it. Rebarreled in 2018 as nice upgrade to SS barrel and 24" versus OEM 22". That was my first try at installing a barrel and it was life changing since I have "assembled" 2 complete rifles since then.
"LIFE CHANGING"? " LIFE CHANGING"? What happened....you grow a third foot...?

First was a 30-30 parents bought me when I was 15 and I bought my own 30-06 rem bdl at 18.
I still have a couple of 30-30 one a trapper and a 56 94 win. Don't use them much but keep them.

I shot a friends 270 when I was 14. When I turned 18 I bought a Winchester model 70 in a .243 for 208$ after tax. That was 1980. Believe it or not it's leaning against my reloading table now. Still original and shoots awesome

My grand fathers Marlin 336 in 35 Rem. Owned it 8 years later when he passed. Let my moron brother tale it to Alaska when he guided fishing and he sold it the the native people there. They shot moose with it. I'm still mad 45 years later.

My Model 88 Winchester in .308 Win……I was 14 when I bought it. My Dad didn't hunt, so I was on my on for firearm/cartridge selection! I started hand loading within a year with a Lee Loader. I still have the Lee Loader! 😁 My son, a non-hunter/shooter now has the rifle! memtb