Why do you reload cartridges?

I reload to make the most accurate load i can for each rifle. I love taking my ruger American rifle to the range and having others i dont know say "holy cow". They're shooting way more expensive rifles than me but can't get good groups. I usually dont even know that they're peeking at my target.

My latest fun has been taking a 30 yr old savage i bought used from the lgs in 30-06 and rebarrel it to 35 whelen. I annealed the lake city brass, expanded it, sized, and fire formed them. James at NSS sold me a match barrel. It shoots amazing. Love the process. We can use 35 cal rounds and bigger here in iowa for deer now. I shotmy deer with handloads in my 356 Winchester loaded up to 358 velocities. So fun....now I've killed a deer and an elk with that rifle. Not bad for an obsolete caliber. I also am teaching my kids how to handload. They are amazed at all the information I have after 45 years of reloading. I've told them i learned most of finer things here on this forum in just the last 3 years or so. Thanks to all of you

I reload so I can shoot ... more. And because there's about a mile's difference between a 1/4" group and a 3/4" group. ... and because I'm a fiddler ... I just like fiddling with stuff. And because when I'm reloading 1000 same-lot Lapua brass, I'm out in the sage-rat fields the whole time.

It's a tough call between economy and consistency over time. I shoot a lot, but only a few calibers. So my investment in presses, dies and other useful reloading tools has been paid back many times over in the savings.

Likewise the ability to load basically the same load barrel after barrel saves a ton in load development.