Do you remember the first centerfire rifle you fired and do you reload for that caliber today?

A surplus Springfield in 30-06 modified and sold by Griffin & Howe NYC with a 3 power scope mounted in G&H mounts. Also, I had never seen a scope before. The scope hit me in the forehead, but is was cold and I had my watch cap pulled down low so no damage to me or the scope. I recall being very impressed buy the beauty of that rifle. I have now two 30-06's of my own and do reload for them as needed.

Back when there were corner grocery stores only, My Dad would stop after Church on Sundays to get bread and milk for his family. A 50-round box of Peters .22 caliber shorts was on the grocery list one Sunday morning and that same day in the afternoon my brothers and I shot our first ever cartridges out of my dad's Winchester pump gallery .22. That was about 1960 and I never forgot the smell of gunpowder and gun oil after that.........One of the best days of my life!

I got a light weight, no .375s ect. A Ruger M77 22-250 in 1972 started reloading soon after. I still have the Ruger and my rock/c press

It was Grandpa's Winchester Model 92 in 44 W.C.F. Used Lyman Tong Tool and a Redding oil damped scale to measure. Dispensed the powder with a teaspoon. Guess I was 18 when I learned about reloading from my first college roommate. I still load for it. I am 77 now, killed a pig with it a couple of years ago. Put a Lyman peep sight on it so my old eyes could handle iron sights. 200g XTP, 26g 2400, 2010fps is a great kill load. One of John Browning's great ones!!!

Dad's old 30-06, I don't remember how old I was but I had never felt anything like it before, both in excitement and in kick! No I didn't reload 30-06 and didn't have a rifle in that caliber.

My Uncle Mikes Win. Model 100 in .284 Win. from the box of a parked pickup truck on a mid afternoon November deer hunt in NW MN. I was 7 or 8 years old, barely big enough to hold the gun. Still brings a smile to my face thinking about that day. My dad had the brother to this in a lever action model 88, same cartridge, .284 win. They both reloaded for their guns.

I was about 10 yo. Dad's deer rifle, a Long Branch .303 surplus he bought for $15 out of a barrel of guns in the mid 60's. He picked the .303 because the ammo was cheaper than 30-06. His other choices in the barrel were 03-A3's.
Still have the 303, but do not load for it. Too many other to load for.