Do you name your rifles?

One of the .22-.250's that I stocked with maple for wifey - Blondie B Gun. A .20 P- Lucrezia - poison for rodents. Firearm name committee not expected to meet for another year - much conflict and indecision.

They're calling my SML conversion 'The Green Monster' over on Hanks Message Board…..I feel like they can do better than that 🤣😂🤣😇.

B55B2ECE-1F72-4414-BA67-D7CC06429A8C.jpeg

Yes, name them after significant members of my family (guns that were theirs) and also of close friends (POWs, the dead, great people) from my time in the USN.

One of my instructors started asking students if they have a name for their rifle, most do not. This week we have a couple guest Sniper teams piggybacking on our training and I noticed one had a woman's name on his rifle via label maker tape…think we may have to start doing this with every class!

I have a SMITH CORONA.

Of course, about 30 years ago people stopped recognizing the company as a household brand of typewriter.

I guess I will need to wait for APPLE to come out with a military grade weapon to make any impression in conversations.

I was in the Army more specifically Artillery, my DS was very adamant than the Howitzer was the "Gun" and my M-16 was my "rifle ". He had us name our rifle and when he came to me I watched his brain melt a little when I told him my rifle's name is "Gun". Good times.

UOTE="mdk777, post: 2333376, member: 96764"]
I have a SMITH CORONA.

Of course, about 30 years ago people stopped recognizing the company as a household brand of typewriter.

I guess I will need to wait for APPLE to come out with a military grade weapon to make any impression in conversations.
[/QUOTE]
I have a SMITH CORONA.

It would probably be made in China. You could name it Joe.
😉