Defiance AnTi, n Carbon barrel, what would you build?

Zhomeguy

I’ve built a few 6.5 RSAUMs and light weight 6 and 6.5 Creeds already. Just got a hold of my first Defiance AnTi, its like nothing weight wise, couldn’t imagine anything but a Proof Sendero Light or a new Bartlein #4 contour for a build. Its a std bolt face (not sure the mag face was even avail at time of order) other than a 260AI, I cannot think of other choices that would appeal to others after I build it...input guys?

Buster Hemlock

I have two anTi's on the way. One standard and one mag bolt face both short action. Already have 2 XLR Element Magnesium Chassis and 2 Hells Canyon summit ultralight barrels should be finished and shipped to me this month. One is going to be a 7 SS and the other a 6 creedmoor. Light weight deer rifle and a lightweight coyote gun

Zhomeguy

I really like the Bob, but in a std action could be tight if I wanted run those new Blackjacks, but the 25 Creed, i’m liking that idea! I’ve got a 6 and 6.5 SLR i’m playing with but figured a lit guys might consider that to far off the edge...all good ideas so far...might have to look at a Sherman Short though n educate myself.

Mercracing

I have a Bartlein carbon 6.5 blank on order, with the same ideas as you. I’ll be watching this to see what you decide.

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Team Member
LRH Sponsor
I would probably give a .308 a shot with an 18” barrel. Would be an awesome gun for up here in North Idaho in the thick stuff. Would probably make a folder stock for it.

Zhomeguy

The “scale” makes the statement....when your using an action such as the AnTi...thats why u bought it, to see how low you can go....I can build a 6 1/2 lb rifle all day long, going sub 6 takes effort...I like both of your setups

Zhomeguy

I’d do a # 4 carbon Bartlein but i need to see if it fit in a EH3 that slightly longer drop at the palm swel feels nice to me but I know on a 4 easy) but the EH8+ is an option too..I came across a 22” proof sendero in .25 1-7 be a nice 25 Creed on a EH4...but my Proof Sendero Lite at 20” in 6.5mm is screaming at me...another RSAUM and a Wyatts box on Hawkins BM could be a winner

jpfrog

LRH Team Member
I just ordered an anTi last week- with a standard bolt and a second bolt for magnums. Im going to do a switch barrel with Proofs since I like the last two I did so much. I’m thinking of a 6.5x47 or a .308win for the standard and a Sherman in either 6.5 or .338 for the magnum.

it’ll have a Manners EH6 stock.

Last edited:

Trending threads