Deer mineral

Okay guys looking for recommendations for minerals that aren't just salt have a good amount of phosphorus and calcium in them anybody got any recommendations
Hesse, I'm guessing by this inquiry that you've already done a soil analysis and are aware you need more calcium and phosphorus? Your area will dictate what minerals you need. I'm in Central Texas and in no short supply of Calcium. Phosphorus on the other hand is our problem. Getting an animal to consume a mineral higher in phosphorus than what they are used to is a chore. I do it with cattle and there is a slow change in trying to get them to get their required intake. My suggestion would be to find a local supplier that can make the mix you need for your area. DO NOT take the word of your local retailer as they will try to sell you what makes them money. Get your soil analysis and go from there. I saw in an earlier post something about using kool-aid or some kind of other attractant to get them on it? Might work, never tried with a wild animal? My other suggestion would be a loose mineral, DO NOT USE BLOCKS! The animal does not get their required intake from licking on a block. It will be a slow process, but hang in there. I'm interested in your results.

Hesse, I'm guessing by this inquiry that you've already done a soil analysis and are aware you need more calcium and phosphorus? Your area will dictate what minerals you need. I'm in Central Texas and in no short supply of Calcium. Phosphorus on the other hand is our problem. Getting an animal to consume a mineral higher in phosphorus than what they are used to is a chore. I do it with cattle and there is a slow change in trying to get them to get their required intake. My suggestion would be to find a local supplier that can make the mix you need for your area. DO NOT take the word of your local retailer as they will try to sell you what makes them money. Get your soil analysis and go from there. I saw in an earlier post something about using kool-aid or some kind of other attractant to get them on it? Might work, never tried with a wild animal? My other suggestion would be a loose mineral, DO NOT USE BLOCKS! The animal does not get their required intake from licking on a block. It will be a slow process, but hang in there. I'm interested in your results.
So here's what I come up with 50 lb bag of di calcium phosphate a 50 lb bag of dried molasses 25 lb of calcium carbonate and a bag of trace minerals with 4% phosphorus in it

I used to use Deer Cocaine blocks in a mineral starved forested area in the UP of Michigan and the results were impressive in terms of drawing deer in. I would put one block (small enough to easily fit in a game pocket) in two different location in the Fall and Spring. Animals had eaten the soil in the are around the block to get the mineral that had leached out of the block and over a few years the dug holes large enough that deer would go into it and only their heads were visible.

I was impressed, this are like ai say was mineral starved and at the time had a very high (too high) deer population that probably led to the large holes.

Porcupines love salty products too, likely more than deer. It depends on how far from camp they are whether I shoot them or not. I figure most everyone shoots them, so I'll often leave them be.

Most 'mineral bags' are 97%+ salt, but cost more than salt.