Daughter's first rifle

Kids love a suppressed 6 Creed!

Ages 8-14, two shots each at 350 yards with nary a miss. 20" Tikka with standard T3 stock and a 3-9 MkII Leupold. Running 87 Vmax at 3200, recoil/blast are minimal and most of the time the kids see impact.

8D578D18-00C0-44C6-8158-2A7752BA86BF.jpeg

So my daughter wants to start shooting. So this is what I'm thinking, 6 creed origin action with proof carbon barrel and that's where I end lol. Looking for recommendations on stocks, I would like something lite and adjustable so she can handle it (she is small lol). I have a can for it (TBAC7) so I'm thinking kick should not be a problem. Also on glass MOA and SFP with a good eye box. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Hello bplumcrazy, I have (3) 6mmCM......one is a Savage w/16" Carbon Fiber Barrel and a TB7". It's my favorite to carry and shoot 58/75/87gr. Vmax mostly!! 80/87/90gr. Bergers as well. My other two are::: Ruger Predator in a Boyd's Laminate w/break ... Rem.700 in a chassis w/ Magowen barrel, These both are excellent at paper,etc. w/103-108 Hornady/Berger Bullets. All three love factory Ammo too. Build or buy one, she AND you will not be unhappy!! NSN/75w

What is the shortest LOP with the XLR looks like we have very similar builds. What reticle did you get
The LOP can go down to 12 with the correct buttstock selection. Cody Adams here on the forum also mentioned just changing the length of the tube to shorten it.
I like the the T-20 reticle, most my rifles have it, so my kids are already used to it. I guess it's a bit busy of a reticle to start with but it's what they have been shooting for a while.

What is your daughter going be hunting????
I would get her a .223 which she can shoot a lot with fairly inexpensive ammo. If she continues to like shooting then go with a .243 or another 6mm. Don't spend high $$$ for first rifle in case she loses interest.
Whitetails and axis, she has been shooting a Ruger 10/22 I built her and likes to shoot with me so I figured if she doesn't like hunting it would be a good round for paper and if she doesn't like the gun I'll have a fun play toy lol

While a 6 Creed would be the modern choice I'd say don't discount a .243 Win and those are likely more common in an off the shelf rifle.

My "In Stock" starter centerfire is a .223 in a Boyd's AT-1 so that I can adjust it to fit whomever. Mostly because I already had the rifle, it just needed a stock.

I applaud your willingness and effort to build a custom rifle for your daughter.

6CM is a great choice. Low recoil, good speeds, and good component selection.

I built a 6.5SLR heavy when Taylor started shooting, so recoil would be light. Then, she started hunting with it, and I had to carry it. When we shot the barrel out at 2800 rounds, I rebuilt is and lost 5 full pounds.

R700 SA w. Lots of upgrades
22" Proof Sendero Light
TBAC CB w. TBAC Ultra 7
Manners PRS2 (I would go Manners LRH to lose another 1#)
R700 alloy BDL
Seekins 20MOA Picatinny rail
Seekins 34mm low rings
Flatline Ops level
S&B PMII 3-20x50 Ultra Short

130 OTM @ 2925fps

She is an absolute surgeon with it. She has taken a bunch of animals with it.
20220814_193655.jpg

So my daughter wants to start shooting. So this is what I'm thinking, 6 creed origin action with proof carbon barrel and that's where I end lol. Looking for recommendations on stocks, I would like something lite and adjustable so she can handle it (she is small lol). I have a can for it (TBAC7) so I'm thinking kick should not be a problem. Also on glass MOA and SFP with a good eye box. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Might think 243 win, it's a classic and out runs the creed. Plenty of ammunition on the shelf in troubled times.

OP,

Build a 6mm ARC in an AR15. You get the parts, she assemple her rifle with your assistance.

I did a 6 ARC barrel for a dad-daughter project in AZ. The dad is a member here, name escapes me. The young lady, from what I heard, had a great time building her own rifle. She had the last word on what color they painted the rifle.

I harvested a 20 inch in a service rifle NM contour from 6 GT take off 30 inch barrel. It was easy to get good 20 inch from the middle section of the long barrel.