Daughter's first rifle

bplumcrazy

So my daughter wants to start shooting. So this is what I'm thinking, 6 creed origin action with proof carbon barrel and that's where I end lol. Looking for recommendations on stocks, I would like something lite and adjustable so she can handle it (she is small lol). I have a can for it (TBAC7) so I'm thinking kick should not be a problem. Also on glass MOA and SFP with a good eye box. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks

As far as glass, buy the best you can afford. I personally shoot Nightforce, Zeiss, and vortex. And prefer them in that order

Having gone down the gun for kid road 6 times (that' how many kids we have) I would find something mild recoil and either I wanted as well or I could unload should they loose interest. I wouldn't go break the bank to get started, if the shooting will also include hunting that's something to consider. Of my 6 I have twin girls who are now 18, one likes to hunt and the other has zero desire. She likes to shoot, but as they age into teen years the time with friends become greater and less time with us.

I said all that to say this, a 6mm (anything) is a good shooting option accurate, mild recoil - checks many boxes. There are plenty of mid range options on optics - remember this is a kid and most do not take care of things like we do. But it's your wallet, like buying them a new car at 16, but some of the biggest issues kids have these days in the "real" world is they can't afford what daddy bought them and those days are coming. I spoil mine too, but i have to remind my married ones in there later 20's you are gonna go broke trying to keep up with the jones's!

I'd do somethings over again, but then again wait till the grandchildren come - pawpaw will have some cool ****! :)

I think 6 creed is a great option, is mild affordable to reload and has factory ammo support, the action sets itself up for easy barrel swaps.

All good!

Stock choice is crazy personal though so it's a hard one

Excellent choices on your spec sheet. I didn't want to tie up another Origin action so I went a cheap route on a throw down truck/sxs gun for me and the grandkids. Always wanted to play with a Howa Mini or Ruger Ranch, so found a Howa on sale. Picked up a used MDT Lss chassis. Still putting it all together. Went 6.5 Grendel since I have an AR already and like that caliber. 6 Creed is a lot more gun that is great if she can handle it. TBAC7 will help that tremendously. Let us know how it works out for her!

It's good to know my thought process was on the right track lol. I pick the origin for the flexibility of barrel swaps and probably go with a chassis, that way I can have fun with it too lol. So with that said what are your experience with kids and a tactical reticle and adjustable parallax.

I think you're right on track. When I first got my son started I got him a CZ Scout, thinking I could get a full size stock for it eventually and maybe even rebarrel
He got kind of sentimental with it though and didn't want to change it. So, for his next rifle, I got him a CZ457, but immediately put it in a chassis so that it can grow with him.

So, I think you starting with an Origin is the right move.

The XLR chassis is a great chassis that has an incredible amount of LOP adjustment. I'd be looking there to get started, and it can grow with her forever.

My first rifle at 12 was a .243 and although many times reworked I still own it. Low recoil and a pleasure to shoot.
Now in my 70s, I was considering rebarelling it yet again to a faster twist AI. When I did the math, decided to buy a Ruger in 6 Creed for the money. Great accuracy right out of the box with factory ammo and a little rework on the trigger.
So now I have my old 243 that likes 70 grainers(slow twist) and this New ruger that has a fast twist and can shoot heavier bullets. I think the 6mm would be a good choice for your daughter with minimal investment.