Dandy Products A++!

barnesuser28

I had recently gotten a Dandy Products Omega 2 speed powder trickler from Midwayusa, but shortly after getting it together, i realized that the slow speed button didnt work quite right, it didnt trickle the powder at all, even when the trickler is set to trickle at the fastest speed possible. So i called Stan at Dandy Products and he sent me a new one at no charge, and had me keep the defective one. I got the new one in 2 days and it works flawlessly! Very happy with it so far. Great customer service IMO!

Hey Riley....

The Dandy automated tricker is even better. Hard to find but worth the upgrade. I can hold better than 1/10th grain across any number of consecutive loads without touching anything. Sure beats manual trickling and....

For handgun loads I use the Omega as a stand alone, dropping the charge in the scale pan directly from the trickler.....

Nice (but pricey) tool.

Hey Riley....

The Dandy automated tricker is even better. Hard to find but worth the upgrade. I can hold better than 1/10th grain across any number of consecutive loads without touching anything. Sure beats manual trickling and....

For handgun loads I use the Omega as a stand alone, dropping the charge in the scale pan directly from the trickler.....

Nice (but pricey) tool.

I sent an older 10-10 to scott parker to tune. When I get it back I plan to do the same. Have you checked your beam scale with an accurate digital like the gempro to see what you are really getting.

Not really. I use a check weight. I've never trusted a load cell/strain gage 'electronic' scale because in this day and age of lowest bidder electronics, you have no idea how good the components really are.

With a mechanical scale like an Ohaus, the components are always good. The only 'suspect' component is the agate bearings on the beam fulcrum and so long as the scale is covered when not in use, thats a non-issue as well.

Back when I was younger, the only way ro weigh 'dope' was a beam scale....lol

Not too worried about total charge weights anyway as I'm always loading above the maximum SAMMI specification anyway (with bottleneck cartridges) because I ascribe to the Berger school of jump and void space in the case, I'm looking for a very consistent charge across a number of loaded cases as it pertains to grouping more than any other aspect. The Omega does that for me quite well.

Certainly a learning curve involved with setting the light sensing arm in relationship to the beam itself, but once 'dialed in' it works exactly as advertised, in fact I can set the scale for a 1/10th of a grain charge, energize the Omega and it will drop 1/10th in the pan and shut off. Thats with stick powder (Varget). With ball powder (like H380), I suspect I can hold an even lesser amount.

1/10th of a grain is good enough for my useage.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts