F-Class Products AutoDOD preview

orkan

Got mine setup and have been running some cases. Pretty impressive unit so far.

PEzobBTh.jpg

Last edited:
BNaFHR9h.jpg

I installed a new tool head to setup for 300NM a while ago. Took about 10 minutes total on my first time through to remove the 30° setup I was running and replace it with this other tool head with a 20° cutter. Another 5 minutes or so to set it up for a full clean up on this virgin Lapua brass. They start out just under .015" and I'm ending up at a very consistent .0135.

I turn all my brass necks. When I saw the video on this I was like WOW. That is soo awesome. My fingers and hands turn numb from the nerve damage in my spinal cord. It would be nice not having to hold the brass and turn by hand. Would love to have one, but being a disabled vet can't afford something like this. We would better spend the money for our current builds rather than this real nice machine. I have been turning the necks by hand and will have to continue to do so unless we hit the lottery. That is an awesome invention!!! There are a lot of great inventions made by shooters for shooters. I still can't get over how this machine works for preparing brass. It is probably more precise than turning by hand and consistant in the wall thickness. How someone came up with this design is amazing. Well you know the old saying "Necessity is the Mother of Invention". i have to watch the video one more time.

I turn all my brass necks. When I saw the video on this I was like WOW. That is soo awesome. My fingers and hands turn numb from the nerve damage in my spinal cord. It would be nice not having to hold the brass and turn by hand. Would love to have one, but being a disabled vet can't afford something like this. We would better spend the money for our current builds rather than this real nice machine. I have been turning the necks by hand and will have to continue to do so unless we hit the lottery. That is an awesome invention!!! There are a lot of great inventions made by shooters for shooters. I still can't get over how this machine works for preparing brass. It is probably more precise than turning by hand and consistant in the wall thickness. How someone came up with this design is amazing. Well you know the old saying "Necessity is the Mother of Invention". i have to watch the video one more time.

I'm seeing my cases hold .0002 so far. This machine is really cool.

What cartridges you need done @Coyote Shadow Tracker ? If you send a piece of brass to F-Class Products to get a shell holder made, and pay for the brass round trip to me and back to you... I'll turn for you.

I'm seeing my cases hold .0002 so far. This machine is really cool.

What cartridges you need done @Coyote Shadow Tracker ? If you send a piece of brass to F-Class Products to get a shell holder made, and pay for the brass round trip to me and back to you... I'll turn for you.
Thank you so much for that generous offer and thinking of helping us out, but we have many calibers that we shoot and reload. I like to turn once when the case is new then after another two firings turn again. Cases are then uniform and don't ever need turning again. We have .204, .223, .243, 6mm BR, 6Creed, .260, 6.5 X 284, .270WSM, .325WSM, and looking to build a 338LM Ai next year. We usally purchase 3-400 cases at a time to try and get the same lot. So as you can see we turn a lot of brass so this machine would be the nuts. You are lucky to have one. Again thank you so much for your offer, but will have to pass.
Thanks
Len & Jill

I can only WISH. This just has to give better accuracy and low SDs. This machine cuts both the inside and outside walls of the neck. The case would have to be perfectly centered in the chuck. I like the cut to 0.0135. Great concentricity and with the proper neck bushing would give each bullet the same release tension. I have some friends that say no need to turn necks if you have the right reamer when chambering. I don't care how good a reamer and size you cut your chamber, if the neck of the case walls are not even you are not going to get a proper bullet release with the neck tension and concentricity un-even. This machine can only imporve accuracy.
My thanks to the designer and builder of this invention.

Len & Jill

I can only WISH. This just has to give better accuracy and low SDs. This machine cuts both the inside and outside walls of the neck. The case would have to be perfectly centered in the chuck. I like the cut to 0.0135. Great concentricity and with the proper neck bushing would give each bullet the same release tension. I have some friends that say no need to turn necks if you have the right reamer when chambering. I don't care how good a reamer and size you cut your chamber, if the neck of the case walls are not even you are not going to get a proper bullet release with the neck tension and concentricity un-even. This machine can only imporve accuracy.
My thanks to the designer and builder of this invention.

Len & Jill
I agree... turned necks have always provided a benefit to me, whether running a turn neck chamber or not.

Very nice unit! $ 2500 may sound like too much, but I would not contract to build one for near that.
Exactly right... Frankly I have no idea how they are making money on this. Has to be a labor of love.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts