Anyone using the Dandy Omega Auto Trickler?

Don't have the beam scale auto trickler

But i have been using the little dandy trickler for a couple of years. Trickle on a gempro 250. You can go fast or trickle one kernel at a time and.everything in between. Couldn't go back to hand trickling again.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Thinking I need to send this Hornady Auto dispenser back. The dispensing part seems fine, but the scale drifts all over the place. It drifts more than my $30 Frankfort Arsenal digital scale. The FA digital scale almost always matches my RCBS beam scale. So far, the Hornady is the only scale of the 3 that is routinely off from the other 2.

The FA scale is directly next to the Hornady so I would have to think if it was environmental disturbances of some kind, they would both be affected. But that hasn't been the case yet.

Thanks again!

Drop charges with a lee perfect powder measure. Trickle with a Little dandy on a gempro 250 for precision loads

A tuned up chargemaster will make you proud. Good enough for most any handloads.

Drop charges with a lee perfect powder measure. Trickle with a Little dandy on a gempro 250 for precision loads

A tuned up chargemaster will make you proud. Good enough for most any handloads.

Wow, those are exactly what I use! Tuned up CM at home and the Dandy and gempro 250 at the range. I use Lee powder dippers to drop most of the powder and top it off with the Dandy. I made a little box that shelters both at the range. I've got a battery setup for the CM (and found a 12v cable that works too) but the Dandy is so quick I've never bothered.

I had the Dandy with the light sensor for my manual scale but ended up selling it since I just don't use the manual scale much.

I think the Dandy is worth every penny and it's pretty darned inexpensive for what you get.

Wow, those are exactly what I use! Tuned up CM at home and the Dandy and gempro 250 at the range. I use Lee powder dippers to drop most of the powder and top it off with the Dandy. I made a little box that shelters both at the range. I've got a battery setup for the CM (and found a 12v cable that works too) but the Dandy is so quick I've never bothered.

I had the Dandy with the light sensor for my manual scale but ended up selling it since I just don't use the manual scale much.

I think the Dandy is worth every penny and it's pretty darned inexpensive for what you get.

Thanks!

I switched to a charge master a few years ago and my sds doubled. I now use a gem pro and a Dandy and am in single digits. How do you get your chargemaster tuned up?

Jay

I toyed around with the three values that change the speed at which it dispenses. It doesn't change the accuracy of the scale unfortunately.

I ran loads over the magnetospeed that were dropped with the CM and another lot using the Dandy with the GemPro to see the effect on SD. They were in the mid teens and only a point apart. I wish I had your results.

I toyed around with the three values that change the speed at which it dispenses. It doesn't change the accuracy of the scale unfortunately.

I ran loads over the magnetospeed that were dropped with the CM and another lot using the Dandy with the GemPro to see the effect on SD. They were in the mid teens and only a point apart. I wish I had your results.

Lots.of.things.can affect your SD besides powder charge.

How accurate is your croney
Inconsistent neck tension caused by any number of things
Your primers
Variations in Brass volume
The way you hold your rifle
Seating depth
Maybe you are on the edge of a node where slight variations in powder charge has greater velocity swings.

But SD's don't tell the whole story. I have some very accurate loads with SD's in the teens

and i have loads with SD's in the low single digits. For those precision loads l use 2 gempros. I trickle on one and then verify the load on the second one. If they agree then i am happy.

Right on all that. I used the same brass prep for all the brass and the only difference was using the CM for one lot and trickled the other. The Magnetospeed has proven to be quite accurate and repeatable.

I have the Hornady auto dispenser and a little Dandy dispenser and use a bald eagle scale.
I used to think the Hornady drifted but I would turn it on earley and let it warm up and it's been pretty stellar since then. It is supposed to be acurate to plus or minus .1 grain and I have found its even better than that.
I use the Hornady to dispense to .1 grains below my desired load and then finish it off with the little Dandy and the bald eagle scale. It goes pretty fast because the Hornady is dispensing while I am finishing off a fine tuned load on the other scale.
In general I like the little Dandy but it does plug up pretty easily with big kerneled powders for me.
If you do the math you will find that most Auto dispensers will give you plus or minus 3 or 4 FPS ES.
Weighing on a super accurate .01 grains electric scale that gets down to one kernel of powder will give you plus or minus 1 FPS all things being equal..... not a real big difference but if your anal like me it's kind of fun.
(the above numbers are only considering powder charge and all other things being equal)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.