Best auto powder trickler?

Csafisher

Alright guys I know the V3 is the best but I can't afford that right now. And my style of shooting probably doesn't require that type of accuracy anyway. I mostly punch paper out to 300yds and my hunting shots are generally less that than 200yds. I probably shoot 100 reloaded rifle rounds a month, give or take. I've been throwing charges then trickling on a beam scale and it's just a PITA.

So between the chargemaster lite, Lyman 6th gen, and the Frankfort intellidropper, which would you recommend?

My main concern is drifting on the scale. My el cheapo hornady electronic scale drifts like crazy.....

100 rounds a month save your money. Not even an hour's worth of powder throwing there. I load 4 times that and just hand throw. Buy the best investment you will make for cheap. Lee Dipper spoon set. Big time saver.
Shep

I went away from the auto's back to throw and trickle. y thought is they both take about the same amount oftime and the throw method will be more consistent. To much can vary with out you knowing it on digital stuff.

Intellidropper. Feature loaded, value packed, excellent price point and accurate, not real susceptible to air currents, blutooth, low maintenance, the powder calibration is really nice.
So accurate, I use it in the same manner as the Auto Tickler for load development.

Been loading over 4 decades. Used a Redding thrower and a trickler up until about 5 years ago. Bought an RCBS Chargemaster and it is the single best reloading item I have, In fact I bought another one on sale last year just incase something happens to the first one.

Thanks. Seems like most people recommend the rcbs. But the intellidropper has nice features

Alright guys I know the V3 is the best but I can't afford that right now. And my style of shooting probably doesn't require that type of accuracy anyway. I mostly punch paper out to 300yds and my hunting shots are generally less that than 200yds. I probably shoot 100 reloaded rifle rounds a month, give or take. I've been throwing charges then trickling on a beam scale and it's just a PITA.

So between the chargemaster lite, Lyman 6th gen, and the Frankfort intellidropper, which would you recommend?

My main concern is drifting on the scale. My el cheapo hornady electronic scale drifts like crazy.....
Most of my precision guys that dont want to spent $1000 on a scale use the charge master and trickle a couple of grains to a beam scale!

I throw charge a little light then use a cheap battery operated trickler into a digital scale. If it drop a little too much I have a long handle spoon that I use to feed my kids with when they were babies to fish out a few grains.

100 rounds a month save your money. Not even an hour's worth of powder throwing there. I load 4 times that and just hand throw. Buy the best investment you will make for cheap. Lee Dipper spoon set. Big time saver.
Shep
What he said

Being new to the game, this is what I'm doing and it provides me with superb accuracy. I have a Hornady case activated powder dispenser and I set it to throw a few grains short. Then I hand trickle the last bit using the Frankford Arsenal Powder Trickler. After I watched a bunch of videos on the auto throwers, it seems it's the same amount of time and I don't have to worry about overthrows.

I am using Lyman DPS II, backed up with an RCBS 5-0-5 Beam Balance (B-B) . Put in grams to dispense, double check and verify with the B-B, then B-B check every 10 rounds. Have an RCB trickler if I need to drop a few grains, but rarely have to. Works for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.