Cutting Edge MTH D60 pics.

Vary the seating depth. That is the key. A grain up or down will not make that much difference. I seated mine to the exact OAL they listed and did well either there or deeper. Never longer in my rifles.

Thanks, I'm going to sit down with a mic and study the situation a little closer and try to get a better feel for how these want to be seated, I'm sure there is a learning curve!

96.5 grains Retumbo should do well and don't let it get close to the lands. My groups explode when I get these bullets right at the lands. May be just my rifles but they don't like it there in mine. At least 25 thousanths off and back.

Bigngreen,

When I spoke with Dan at CE, he told me the bullets like to be seated 0-.025 jump off sealing band. He also indicated that the 252's liked to be run on the hot side. Dan said that these bullets should run aproximately 300fps faster than the 300 grainers.

This is my take on it anyway. I hope to have a box this week so I can try them. Very interested to see how you do.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.