Cutting Edge 7mm 180 MTH

• Thread starter Deleted member 25294
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25294

Has anyone tried the .284 180 grain Cutting Edge Match Tactical Hunting bullets in an 8 twist barrel?
I'd like to give them a try in my 28 Nosler but was told by the manufacture that they probably would not stabilize with less than a 7.5 twist, apparently being solid copper makes for a really looong bullet.

Has anyone tried the .284 180 grain Cutting Edge Match Tactical Hunting bullets in an 8 twist barrel?
I'd like to give them a try in my 28 Nosler but was told by the manufacture that they probably would not stabilize with less than a 7.5 twist, apparently being solid copper makes for a really looong bullet.

I think their data is pretty accurate. Depending on your elevation you may be able to run them. Our 177g is slightly shorter and designed for 8" twist. I am pretty set on trying to make sure folks are running enough twist with our bullets as well. Good stability is key to good terminal performance. The Cutting edge may very well shoot very good for you with your 8" twist. Check them out carefully with a twist rate calculator before you hunt with them.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.