375 & 416 Cutting Edge MTH Bullets

Akmtnrunner

Does anyone have hunting experience with Cutting Edge Match/Tactical/Hunting (MTH) bullets in these calibers?

Cutting Edge says they will perform well on game. I did some googling and I can only find some reviews for smaller calibers on deer sized game. Results were fragmenting but effective like bergers.

I understand these were mostly designed for Chey-Tac and Barrett cartridges, but the product descriptions include applications for single feeding into the H&H/Ruger/Rigby/Rem Mag/RUM cartridges too. And since these are on the fragmenting side, perhaps slower starts from the factory cartridges could still mean great terminal performance and perhaps better penetration on moose and bear?

Their advertised BC's are fantastic (0.75 for the 300gr .375 and 0.78 for the 340gr .416). This is exciting to say the least.

They are expensive and may require some long throating, but could these bullets open the door to serious long range hunting for the factory 375 and 416 rifles?

I'm interested as well, I'm using the 415 grain .408s. Half tempted to go shoot a doe to test them, a few more days of doe only season.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.