*NEW* 8mm (.323") Cutting Edge MTH bullets

Dan @ Cutting Edge Bullets has just confirmed that the initial batch of bullets is 3 weeks ETA !

If you place an order in the next few days it will make the production run and in 3 weeks you will have the ultimate 8mm projectile in your hands ...

:) Thanks for the good news on the Norwegian national day! It's getting better all the time for the great 8mms around the world.
Excuses like: "I'd love to have a 8mm, but there are no good bullets to find" are irrelevant by now. lightbulb

Last edited:
Varberger757

We are getting the Europe region sorted and we are busy setting up a manufacturing facility there. Our current distributor is also licensed to make ammunition so, in due course, ammunition as well as bullets will be made in Europe. There are two distributors, one for Scandinavia and one for the rest of Europe.

We also have a factory in Michigan, USA and are already delivering from there. In the USA we have Monolithic Munitions making ammunition with GSC Bullets.

Of course, this does not affect our South African factory where we have been turning bullets since 1992/3.

Look at our USA website and follow the links to Technical Data for our full range of 8mm bullets and others. Feel free to ask any specific questions you may have.

Varberger757

We are getting the Europe region sorted and we are busy setting up a manufacturing facility there. Our current distributor is also licensed to make ammunition so, in due course, ammunition as well as bullets will be made in Europe. There are two distributors, one for Scandinavia and one for the rest of Europe.

We also have a factory in Michigan, USA and are already delivering from there. In the USA we have Monolithic Munitions making ammunition with GSC Bullets.

Of course, this does not affect our South African factory where we have been turning bullets since 1992/3.

Look at our USA website and follow the links to Technical Data for our full range of 8mm bullets and others. Feel free to ask any specific questions you may have.

Thanks a lot for these really good news, because hunters/ shooters who have some deeper ideas of their sports know about the outstanding reputation and performance of your GS -products. Not long ago, maybe one or two months, I've read a very good test and review i a Swedish magazine about your bullets. If it will be possible for us to get both your bullets and/or cartridges in 8mm loaded with GS products I'm going to be a grateful customer. Do others and me a (big) favor and choose your distributor/dealer well! Even if I'm living in Norway I'd strongly recommend one from Sweden or Denmark. Most of our aren't ... ! :rolleyes: I'm looking forward to get 8mm bullets/cartridges, which are made by GS - Custom!

Last edited:
That is very good news for the 8mm of the CEB and also that Gs Custom`s are coming ahead. I read the test about the GS in the Swedish magazine too, it was very good. Sadly the import business here is very critical in finding one that is good and honest, if one is wrong , there might not be imported and sold to customers at all of the products. I think best would be a mini factory in Scandinavia , since many shooters there is up here and hunters also.
And the same goes for CEB too, Brownell`s here or other with US export work would be good.

I also have been trying to make some tweaks to the design of the mighty 8, although it seems you have it quite efficient in your design. Glad to see someone finally getting the ears of the big bullet manufacturers.

Just got my new Cutting Edge MTH bullets in !

The 256 gr 8mm (.323") .750 bc MTH bullet is a reality folks !
The 8mm caliber is now long range capable and negates all previous complaints and excuses as reasons for not having an 8mm cal rifle .....

All is well in 8mm department now and my 8mm Vampyre has a new set of fangs !

8mm Ultra Mag ...... anyone ? Where are the guys that said ... "I'd build one IF .... ?"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 183
8mm Ultra Mag ...... anyone ? Where are the guys that said ... "I'd build one IF .... ?"
I will but working on the the barrel spider for the lathe. Then something "small" get my feet wet chambering.

Then save some pennies for a 8.5 twist barrel and reamer. Which reamer? 8mm RUM or 8mm/26-Nosler?

I just dropped for some reamers and reamer holder as well.

There is a 460 Mark V out there with my name on it for the 375 build.

and

I don't remember when I went to the range last.... Withdrawals...

Let me know where you can get an 8 twist 8mm barrel, I want one too !

Bartlein had a 10 twist in stock but wrong contour which they turned to my specs and shipped pretty quick, as for a T-Rifled barrel 12-8 twist or straight 9 or 8 twist they told me nope unless a sizable order of 8mm barrels was placed ... a group buy is in order I guess ....

I contacted Rock Creek and they flat out refused to do anything in 8mm ..........

Pac-Nor to the rescue !!!!! They actually have a 9 twist 8mm as a standard order , I have one coming in a few weeks for my 8mm Vampyre build...

The 256 gr MTH will properly stabilize in 9 twist barrels and with the 145 gr case h20 capacity I should drive them plenty fast even a 10 twist will probably work .....

There is a lot of interest in the 8mm and several guys including myself are willing to start a group buy from Bartlein for 8mm barrels ..... info here ....https://m.facebook.com/groups/35288...k&id=447408802095744&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.