CURTIS ACTION- Updated with Pictures

Re: Curtis action

Tag, would be interested in the 338 lapua action. What are the rail cant options?

Would a 40 moa rail eventually be offered? I think there would be quite a bit of demand for one, especially in the 338 LM and 408 action. And what is the thread tennon length?

We will offer actions with rails greater than 20 moa, but not initially. Thread tennon length will be in the area of 1.100".

This sounds like a *great* project!

While there are some good custom action options in the market, I'm most interested in those very few offerings which come from experienced long-range hunters/shooters who know 1st hand what long-range hunters require.

It's always nice to have pics to drool over, but no one (understandably) likes to publish info/images of the pre-production proto-types.

I hope the receiver doesn't have some weird, flat-sided area milled off where the action name/manufacturer is placed (ala Borden Timberline and Alpine actions).

Good luck and I hope the project comes to fruition well beyond your expectations!

This sounds like a *great* project!

While there are some good custom action options in the market, I'm most interested in those very few offerings which come from experienced long-range hunters/shooters who know 1st hand what long-range hunters require.

It's always nice to have pics to drool over, but no one (understandably) likes to publish info/images of the pre-production proto-types.

I hope the receiver doesn't have some weird, flat-sided area milled off where the action name/manufacturer is placed (ala Borden Timberline and Alpine actions).

Good luck and I hope the project comes to fruition well beyond your expectations!

I always liked the flats manufactured on the Bordens/Stillers etc... :cool: Different strokes. You are right about one thing though, an action made by a long range hunter for long range hunters is a great step in the right direction.

t

I always liked the flats manufactured on the Bordens/Stillers etc... :cool: Different strokes.

t

Too funny! I'm sure most folks like the flats - I know I'm a bit *different* :rolleyes:

Coming from these guys though, I'm pretty sure it will be an outstanding receiver.

We are fortunate to now have at least 3 superb long-range receivers available (or soon to be) from folks that post here who can be trusted and are at least as passionate about this sport as anyone.

Nothing wrong with having different tastes. That's what drives the market. We are very fortunate 'round here, that is for sure.

t

Can you make a Cheytac action with no integrated base? My other Cheytac chambered actions, a 60moa base or more is required for shooting beyond 3000yds.