Crosshairs

lefty15

I am going to be replacing the cross hairs in my Leupold 3 x 9 x 50mm VXII. Currently I have a heavy duplex reticle. This reticle is fine for big game hunting, but I am finding that the crosshairs are just to heavy to shoot at the range.
I am also going to be buying a Zeiss Conquest 4.5 x 14 x 50mm.
In your guy's experience what reticles do you like/dislike the best. At this moment in time I would not consider myself a long range hunter/shooter.

I am going to be replacing the cross hairs in my Leupold 3 x 9 x 50mm VXII. Currently I have a heavy duplex reticle. This reticle is fine for big game hunting, but I am finding that the crosshairs are just to heavy to shoot at the range.
I am also going to be buying a Zeiss Conquest 4.5 x 14 x 50mm.
In your guy's experience what reticles do you like/dislike the best. At this moment in time I would not consider myself a long range hunter/shooter.

See Darell website from Holland Shooting - he just got for Leupold a special new reticles in MOA and Mils.

I like the MP-8 reticle and also I used Mils for hunting. Are more easy for quick shoots/wind corection than a plain reticle.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.