blurry crosshairs

pike3e

Tonight I fired at a 600yd range for the first time. I shot well but my crosshairs often became blurry against the black target. What adustments should I make or is this just something I have to deal with. The paralax on the scope only goes to 300 and then to infinity.

Thanks
John

I may be wrong, but I think you need to adjust the ocular end, or eyepiece, on your scope. It seems I've read somewhere that you focus the reticle w/the eyepiece and the image w/the paralax.

Bill is right. Adjust the occular end for the reticle... however...
The instructions that came with your scope probably has a section which will instruct you to point the optic at a bright, featureless area (like the sky, or your ceiling) and briefly look through the scope, checking to see if the reticle is focused. This sets the focus of the reticle for your eyes, and your eyes only. if you did his whole process when you mounted the scope, it is entirely possible to still have a fuzzy reticle if your parallax (or focus distance ) is set to the wrong range just by focucing on the target instead of the reticle. Check the Ocular on the ceiling... if its not fuzzy, just spend some more time adjusting the "focus" next time.

The above two are correct, take the time to set up your scope to your eyes.
The eyebell will adjust the focus of the ret to your eyes, this could have a locking ring on it.
Adjusting the parallax for every range is a must, but i would ignore the factory markings. Even better re adjust the parallax front lens to the distance that you would shoot as a maximum range, quite easy to do. ie if you shoot up to 1000 yards set the pa for 1050 yards as max it will go to and use the front pa or sidewheel to pa for any given range up to 1050 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.