Leupold Scope With Floating Dot- (No Crosshairs)

I'm not sure of this helps' but I love the conversation. I purchased a Leupold 12X many years ago, and it had a 1/2 MOA dot . It was used for metallic Silhouette shooting. I sent it back to Leopold way back then and had it changed to a 1/8 th inch dot. $75.00 ITs on my Weatherby 22 LR Rifle . Sometimes I put it on my Rem 700 in 222 Rem. Now I also have a Leupold 45X with a 1/8th dot and its sits on my BR rifle in 6 BR . Its very nice if you dint mind the Hubble sitting on your rifle.!! I think the 1/8th inch dot is now too small for Me to hunt with, especially if its getting dark. hard to see it against a dark animal at Dusk. Love the dot on paper targets

Attachments

• IMG_2526 Weaterby 22  with 12 X Leupold.jpg
    IMG_2526 Weaterby 22 with 12 X Leupold.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • photo (11).JPG
    photo (11).JPG
    315.9 KB · Views: 40
My buddies dad has been hunting forever with a fixed 6x Leupold with a simple floating dot reticle. I guess the scope finally gave it up and Leuopld doesn't make them anymore. He really wants to find something similar. No crosshairs, just a simple dot like you would see in a red dot. And he prefers a fixed 6x.
I feel like this is an impossible mission unless I randomly find a used one on eBay or something. His isn't dead set on another Leupold. The reticle and fixed power seems more important to him.
Anyone have any idea where to start? I'm pretty good at scouring the internet for such things, but this one has me stumped.
If leupold cant fix the scope they will replace it, regardless of the age.

My buddies dad has been hunting forever with a fixed 6x Leupold with a simple floating dot reticle. I guess the scope finally gave it up and Leuopld doesn't make them anymore. He really wants to find something similar. No crosshairs, just a simple dot like you would see in a red dot. And he prefers a fixed 6x.
I feel like this is an impossible mission unless I randomly find a used one on eBay or something. His isn't dead set on another Leupold. The reticle and fixed power seems more important to him.
Anyone have any idea where to start? I'm pretty good at scouring the internet for such things, but this one has me stumped.
Another vote for SWFA 6X42.

It sounds like the red dot is his biggest "want" from all of this. My first thought was a red dot AR scope, it'll be variable power (1-6x), but he can just crank it to 6 and leave it there.

I'm not picky though, so I may be missing the mark completely.

Edit: added a photo of mine for reference
20210224_180728.jpg

Last edited:
guys you have not checked with Leupold in years. since covid screwed all of us Leopold shut down their custom shop and they will tell you it will not open again so you are out of luck for any changes or up grades, I know I keep asking every month to change a couple of the ones I have

Update/ more information:
The original scope was lost in a fire so a rebuild is out of the question. I'll look into having one of the suggested repair shops replacing a reticle in a new scope.
Thanks to everyone for their input.

Ebay? I think this may be as close as you'll find these days.

Last edited:
I'm going to have him try a kahles 1.5-6x42 P-dot reticle that I have. It's not exactly what he's looking for but pretty close. Some compromise will need to be made.

Only problem I see with that is if he likes it I will need to find him another. No way I'm parting with mine😬
IMG_6469.jpeg

If the reticle is intact in the old scope, maybe Leupold will transfer it to one of their new scopes..........just a thought and worth a phone call.

I've been waiting for leupold to open up custom shop for yrs and it's not going to happen. I snuck one scope in right before Covid and wanted to do more. I've emailed them a lot of times asking and I'm afraid those days are over.

It sounds like the red dot is his biggest "want" from all of this. My first thought was a red dot AR scope, it'll be variable power (1-6x), but he can just crank it to 6 and leave it there.

I'm not picky though, so I may be missing the mark completely.

Edit: added a photo of mine for reference View attachment 495024
They make 6x fixed power red dots. Sounds like exactly what he wants.