Leupold Scope With Floating Dot- (No Crosshairs)

coueskiller43

My buddies dad has been hunting forever with a fixed 6x Leupold with a simple floating dot reticle. I guess the scope finally gave it up and Leuopld doesn't make them anymore. He really wants to find something similar. No crosshairs, just a simple dot like you would see in a red dot. And he prefers a fixed 6x.
I feel like this is an impossible mission unless I randomly find a used one on eBay or something. His isn't dead set on another Leupold. The reticle and fixed power seems more important to him.
Anyone have any idea where to start? I'm pretty good at scouring the internet for such things, but this one has me stumped.

Even this is more than he wants but it's fixed.

Otherwise this -

Other options

I dont have any experience with Hawke products, but it checks the boxes.
Its got kind of a different reticle. Not a simple dot but not a crosshairs, either.

Idk, good luck in your search!

I'd give Doug at Cameraland a shout.

@gr8fuldoug on here. If anyone knows what's out there, he'd be the one to ask.

Here's one they show. Still not quite what you're looking for...

Or, maybe put out a "Wanted" ad in the scope section of the classifieds on this and other internet forums. If they used to make them, someone may have one sitting around.

Leopold is not listed in the brands they do repairs, but they stated in the website to call for brands not on their list. It's a long shot, but worth a call to them.

I used them before to install a dot and click knobs on one of my old Weavers.

I went through with the warranty thing with Burris. My Euro Diamond died, sent ot back for repair. Too old, non repairable, they will replace it.... with an Asian made. Whereas, the old scope was USA made, if I were to insist on another USA made scope it will cost me 1300.

I took the Asian one .... died in no time... you can shake it and hear the guts. Just my luck.

I have not done it for a few years but had Leupold install dots in several scopes for me. Still my favorite reticle for hunting.
if they won't do it I think premier optics is still in business but it will void Leupold's warranty. I have had a premier scope for 30years with no issues on my 220 swift.