Crimson Trace Opinions?

Muddyboots

LRH Team Member
OK, I do not have any Mil scopes but this one intrigues me from Crimson Trace on sale at Midway.

Crimson Trace 5-Series Tactical Rifle Scope 34mm Tube 3-18x 50mm 1/10 MIL Adjustments First Focal Zero Stop Side Focus Illuminated MR1-Mil Reticle Matte​

LINK: Crimson Trace

So if I am use to MOA how difficult will be to have a Mil scope as well. I am very detail oriented so I am thinking should not be any issue but like to hear from LRH brain trust on you experience as well. I really don't want to go larger than 50MM objective so that rules out the 3x24 on sale.

Thoughts?

codyadams

My dad shoots mil and I shoot MOA. In a ffp scope especially, it's not a big deal, your corrective data, whether it be applied ballistics on some device, a dope card you print out, or any other options will give you your holdover/off corrections, just follow your data and your gtg. Transition back and fourth is easy IMHO.

gohring3006

LRH Team Member
That’s a good scope. I wish the turrets were a little tighter, but overall a nice scope. 140 minutes of elevation travel!

fragmatic

Anybody know why they're blowing the Crimson Trace 5-Series out the door at these prices? They're marked normally at other vendor's sites.

Are they just not selling well?

Last edited:

gohring3006

LRH Team Member
At first I thought they were getting out of the scope business but it appears they are coming out with a whole new line. Maybe they are addressing some of the shortcomings on this live too.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts