Crimson Trace Opinions?

I was thinking of picking up Series 2 as well, seems a good deal at $299.
I got mine earlier this week and it is better than I expected.

Crimson Trace 2 4-16x50 1 of 3.jpg

Crimson Trace 2 4-16x50 2 of 3.jpg

Crimson Trace 2 4-16x50 3 of 3.jpg

I just ordered a 2nd one this evening.

i've been looking at these scopes lately as well. their 1-6x came up on my gun deals app the other day. i was surprised they were made in japan as i was expecting it to be from china. that's a plus in my book. i think the name is throwing me off, it just sounds cheap to me for some reason. i need to hold one and look through so i can form a better opinion.

Anyone know how the 5's compare to the upper end bushy? I'm debating between preordering a new bushy or ordering this one.

Anyone know how the 5's compare to the upper end bushy? I'm debating between preordering a new bushy or ordering this one.
I have the DMR2 and the glass compares well to it. If I didn't need all the elevation travel this thing offers, I'd go with the DMR2. The turrets are set up nicer and they are stiffer, the CT turrets are audible and have great detents, they're just easy to turn, and I think it could be a problem especially with the windage turrets getting bumped and moved. The DMR2 just edges it out in features in my opinion.

I have the DMR2 and the glass compares well to it. If I didn't need all the elevation travel this thing offers, I'd go with the DMR2. The turrets are set up nicer and they are stiffer, the CT turrets are audible and have great detents, they're just easy to turn, and I think it could be a problem especially with the windage turrets getting bumped and moved. The DMR2 just edges it out in features in my opinion.

...interesting. I need to check one out. Scope market is insane these days.

I have purchase one, here awhile back to go on a 6mm/280AI rifle build I have going on. So it's still in the box. If it doesn't work out I will go the a NF scope. Mil I am not really up on, but done a lot reading on the use of Mil. It's broken down into 10th to 1 Mil that equal .36" per I/10 or 3.6" for 1 Mil. It's quicker in it's adjustment, and maybe a little fast. (Arm forces use the Mil in their scopes) I liked the 1/4" per click adjustment with my other scopes or that what's I am use too. I haven't read up on it here as of late, but will once I get my rifle together to shoot I'll refresh my old brain. The glass and tube size is some of the things that interested me. The tube being 34mm should give you more total vertical elevation adjustment I believe. Not for sure. I couldn't find that info at the time of purchase. The other they don't have the NightForce name either, so they might be trying to get their scopes out into the field and let people write about them.

I must have got a lemon. Mine (3-18 series 5) has awful glass. I can not resolve numbers on street signs at 375-380 yards. There is no color "pop" with this optic at all. I'm sending mine back for a refund. Hopefully mine was just a lemon, but I'd rather just send it back than try another one. Too bad because I had higher hopes for this one. This is kinda insane to me since some retailers are selling this same scope upwards of $1500!!!