Counterfeit atlas?

CBS

So I just took an atlas on trade and decided I don't think I'll use it. I posted it for sale on snipers hide and got banned for selling a counterfeit. How can I tell if it is a fake?

Attachments

• 15414654118388083400273871870424.jpg
    15414654118388083400273871870424.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 352
Yep, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it does indeed look to be cast adjustment stars... If you didn't know, that sucks they banned you for something you didn't know about.

I bought a Vortex Spitfire 3x scope off of Amazon from a reputable Vortex dealer, and when I got it, it didn't say the word "VORTEX" anywhere on the box, or on the scope, and the paperwork had typo's and the wrong Vortex website written on it. I was so sure it was a counterfeit (that I had just paid full price for) that I sent Vortex CS an email explaining what I had noticed, and asking them about it, along with some pictures of the box and scope showing where it did not say "VORTEX" on it, like the one I had purchased 2 years prior. They sent me back an email, explaining that it was NOT a counterfeit, and that they had experienced this question many times, but with the customs department in China (where they are built), they tend to hold up things built by USA brands, and make them sit in customs and wait to be shipped, but if a product doesn't have any brand names on it, they let it pass right through. Kind of weird, but as long as Vortex guaranteed it was legit, I'm fine with it. And comparing both of them side-by-side, they are identical, and both legit Vortex optics.

Just wanted to share my potential counterfeit story, that turned out to have a good ending.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.