Leupold mark 4 counterfeit

Vettez06

At my local hardware store today I've had a mark 4 ordered for the past 6 weeks or so and they've got it in this morning I went up there for a few minutes just to look it over its a 6.5-20x50 w/mildot reticle I already have a 4.5-14x50 mark4 ... Sooo my point is it looks real but on the bell it has white on black writing instead of the black on black the scope came in the exact box as my other mark4... I just put it on layaway I haven't bought it yet have any of y'all seen a mark4 like this that wasn't a counterfeit????

Sorry can't help you with personal experience but if I was in your boat and had any second thoughts I would get the serial number and give leupold a personal polite call to clarify things up. Nothing like getting info from the horses mouth. If it was counterfeit I would bet that leupold would be very appreciative of the info and you can then rest easy either way it unfolds.

I've bought my last mark4 from the same place but there just seems to be something different about it... I'm probably gonna go back by there tomorrow and get the serial# and give leupold a shout.. When I'm dropping that kind of money I like to be positive and not have second thoughts..

I've bought my last mark4 from the same place but there just seems to be something different about it... I'm probably gonna go back by there tomorrow and get the serial# and give leupold a shout.. When I'm dropping that kind of money I like to be positive and not have second thoughts..

If it is counterfeit it may not be your hardware stores fault - just depends on who their source/wholesaler is. Hopefully everything turns just fine - but at least you'll know before chunking down cash and finding out later.

Yeah I'm not blaming it on the store they just had got it in from their source/wholesaler

Just read the Leupold link. You mentioned the white on black which Leupold says is one of the signs it is a fake. You will know quickly when there is no serial number.

If it is counterfeit I would like to hear the store's reaction.

Just read the Leupold link. You mentioned the white on black which Leupold says is one of the signs it is a fake. You will know quickly when there is no serial number.

If it is counterfeit I would like to hear the store's reaction.
The fakes also are not coming in the same quality boxes which makes them real obvious from the start.

Just talked to Leupold I gave them the serial # and it's a legit leupold they said they've started the white on black writing recently..

Just talked to Leupold I gave them the serial # and it's a legit leupold they said they've started the white on black writing recently..
Whew! That's good to hear. I would have been ****ed off it was mine, and they sold me a cheap red-china knock-off.

Thanks for the input now if I can get it off layaway and get my 6.5x284 done I'll be ready to start shooting by March... My brass is supposed to be here today. Got my manners t4 last Friday.. It's gonna be a remington 700 la with a 27" krieger m24 contour 8.5 twist barrel

I ordered a Mark 4 straight from Leupold through the military program in Dec 2013 and it has the white writing instead of the black on black. I too thought it was strange. Though, I was never worried about the authenticity coming straight from leupold. I can see how it can raise some flags.

Yeah I know when I seen it it just kinda looked cheap to what my other mark4 looks like ... But I'm glad it's legit I'm just ready to get this build over with

Many thanks for sharing this with us. Counterfeit is more of a problem than many are aware.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.