Copper Bullets

There are a ton of good to great options for copper bullets nowadays.

Hornady - CX, NTX
Nosler - E-tip, BT lead-free
Barnes - TSX, LRX, T-TSX...
Hammer - they are all copper, HH, AH, HHT
Badlands - I don't know much about these but they come up on here, I'm pretty sure they're a full line of copper.

I'm sure there are more, those are just the ones off the top of my head. I've shot a few of the Hammer Hunters and they do well for groups. I'd give them a look without hesitation. They're also very close to me, so I've stopped by and chatted with them about bullets a few times. I have a bunch for a variety of cartridges and calibers. What cartridge(s) are you shooting, what's your twist rate(s), and what's your intended range?
I have a 6.5 PRC in 1:8 twist. I am starting to hunt blacktails in Northern CA. I hear friends and relatives mention they sometimes see deer 7-800 yards. I still need to find me a range where I can practice shooting those distances.

There is also APEX

California requires hunting bullets to be lead-free. Is there a cheat sheet of manufacturers that make lead-free bullets? What are some lead-free bullets that you've used with great success?

I've used "only" Barnes since the early '90's…..and am very pleased. I don't have any trouble getting 1/2" to 5/8" groups from my .375 AI. We run them exclusively in my wife's .338 WM also. She's taken some pretty nice game with them ….and is pretty happy with them!

If I didn't already have a bunch of Barnes and had any question about their performance……I'd certainly be looking at Hammers as my go to bullet! memtb

I've used "only" Barnes since the early '90's…..and am very pleased. I don't have any trouble getting 1/2" to 5/8" groups from my .375 AI. We run them exclusively in my wife's .338 WM also. She's taken some pretty nice game with them ….and is pretty happy with them!

If I didn't already have a bunch of Barnes and had any question about their performance……I'd certainly be looking at Hammers as my go to bullet! memtb
I have never hunted with Barnes, only loaded in one of my WBY 300, and I get 0.4 inches at 200 yards with 180 TSX. When it cools down I might try the 180 TTSX