Copper Bullet that works

LongHorn XC

First time seeing the CE bullet work with my own eyes. This bullet only hit tissue and expanded like crazy. And …. The thickness of a neck is not the same as hitting the vitals. Imagine hitting the boiler room ….

I've had some experience with Barnes, and they would not show this type of deviation at all.

LH

Attachments

• DA447DAD-834B-4343-AA26-230ED9D5FA72.jpeg
    DA447DAD-834B-4343-AA26-230ED9D5FA72.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 252
While substantially more expensive than Barnes, I've really grown to like the Cutting Edge bullets i've toyed with. They've always shot better too...

I have to disclose that i've only used one type of CE (MTH) & many different Barnes but, with what little real-world data I do have, I would tend to agree that the CE does open easier. However, the two are of different design & i've never had a Barnes NOT open. Just not to the effect I've seen with the MTH I was playing with.

t

First time seeing the CE bullet work with my own eyes. This bullet only hit tissue and expanded like crazy. And …. The thickness of a neck is not the same as hitting the vitals. Imagine hitting the boiler room ….

I've had some experience with Barnes, and they would not show this type of deviation at all.

LH
Excellent! Brace yourself, though. BTW, a belated welcome to LRH, and enjoy.

While substantially more expensive than Barnes, I've really grown to like the Cutting Edge bullets i've toyed with. They've always shot better too...

I have to disclose that i've only used one type of CE (MTH) & many different Barnes but, with what little real-world data I do have, I would tend to agree that the CE does open easier. However, the two are of different design & i've never had a Barnes NOT open. Just not to the effect I've seen with the MTH I was playing with.

t
Yeah, I've never lost an animal with Barnes, they just seem to pencil through a bit more. I was using Maximus this hunt (photo). MTH has a smaller opening at the tip and heard they might not be quite as reliable for opening as the Maximus. I have thought about trying the Laser as well, with the plastic tip.

I've been testing all 3, and the accuracy is awesome. No complaints here.

I had to drop quite a bit in bullet weight to get the Barnes to operate like I wanted. No heavier than the 168 in my .7.82 Patriot, 85grains in 6mm etc.

I haven't used any other than the MTH, and they worked very well. Antelope in the 350-400yd range showed perfect performance. Mule deer buck at 655yds & still opened just fine.

t

I like them very well. I'm shooting the Maximus in my 7mm-08 the MTH in a 280AI and the Lazer in my 300 Wby. I've yet to take game with the MTH but the Maximus performed outstanding on deer and the Lazer equally well for a cow elk. Both one shot kills and animals dropped in their tracks. Forgot to add I'm working up a load for my 28 Nosler with the 160gr Lazer single feed.

It's the OP's initial posts, just making sure some one lets him know he is welcomed however late it may be.
I've been 'browsing' for awhile and learning from everyone on this forums. Especially the do's and don't. 😀

I started hand loading 3 years ago. I haven't had much input to much of the posts, but this post I thought would be good for those that haven't seen the aftermath of CE bullets. I'm sure someone has posted something like this already, but did it anyway.

My son shot this deer (his 3rd in 2 years) and of course any father is proud.

He hasn't missed a shot, until at this deer. We are calling the first shot (of 2) a warning shot. 😀

I've been 'browsing' for awhile and learning from everyone on this forums. Especially the do's and don't. 😀

I started hand loading 3 years ago. I haven't had much input to much of the posts, but this post I thought would be good for those that haven't seen the aftermath of CE bullets. I'm sure someone has posted something like this already, but did it anyway.

My son shot this deer (his 3rd in 2 years) and of course any father is proud.

He hasn't missed a shot, until at this deer. We are calling the first shot (of 2) a warning shot. 😀
Absolutely! I was gifted a few boxes of CEs, .27 and .28 cals but have not loaded any of them yet.

Does this mean Hammer shooters are still a cult now that a second fracturing copper mono is showing identical results?

Or can we finally say that fracturing monos are awesome regardless of who makes them?
That's a good one there, I like it!

I like the smoke trail on the hammers, kinda like a tracer round, but that's about it. There's too many other bullets out there to have that much hype, cult like following for one single bullet.

Does this mean Hammer shooters are still a cult now that a second fracturing copper mono is showing identical results?

Or can we finally say that fracturing monos are awesome regardless of who makes them?
It's not the bullets.. it's people suffering from anencephaly. Bullets will always be just bullets.
I have never lost a animal, no matter which bullet I used. All bullets matter(ABM). ;)

Good job Longhorn!

Last edited: