Chinese Water Deer

No worries. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Cheers
I have stalked a lot of deer and other creatures in some difficult conditions, but I have yet to trudge through a drainage ditch in2 ft of water. Hopefully you didn't have to take a knee to get a shot off. lol
What are the details on your weapon if you don't mind sharing?

I may have new demons in my nightmares... deer with fangs!

I have stalked a lot of deer and other creatures in some difficult conditions, but I have yet to trudge through a drainage ditch in2 ft of water. Hopefully you didn't have to take a knee to get a shot off. lol
What are the details on your weapon if you don't mind sharing?

I may have new demons in my nightmares... deer with fangs!
The land is in an area called "The Fens" it's pancake flat for miles and miles so getting into reasonably close position for a safe shot isn't easy! The ditch was my best option. Most of the Fens are below sea level and the drainage system is there to allow water to be pumped away (it's land drainage water)

I was shooting my Tikka T3 lite in .243 with a 100g Norma. It's my go to for most of my shooting. Which locally includes Muntjac, Chinese, Roe, Fallow, Red (but I step up to .308 for them) and foxes 🦊.

We do have wild boar, goat and Sika but not locally and you would step up the caliber for them too.