Cheap guns

I'll play along. just like Feenix said. SAVAGE Rocks :cool: In all seriousness though it depends on a lot of things these days. I happened to get a 110 FCP in 300 win mag that shoots amazing with my handloads when I can do my part. I have wanted and still do want a full custom rifle but it does make it hard when this one does what I need. Right now I look at it as it's saving me money for my Alaskan hunting trip I have on my bucket list. Below are some pics of my rifle (sort of) and a 1200 yard plate from last summer. :D

Attachments

• 20150618_212211.jpg
    20150618_212211.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 20150615_193732.jpg
    20150615_193732.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 58
I think I have said this in another post at some point... Manufacturers have figured out how to make accurate rifles cheap.

We all have to decide if the nicer fit and finish is worth the extra money, because that is what you're really paying for.

Expensive nice firearms are fun. But sometimes the cheap firearms are fun to shoot too (you just won't be showing them off to your buddies).

Super attractive girls are fun. But sometimes the low drama, not so pretty girls are fun too (you just won't be showing them off to your buddies).

I try not to let my ego get in the way of me having a good time. Since I've been married for a while, my good times are only focused on 1 super attractive girl anymore.

Just don't tell my wife about her...
Joking, it is my wife. :D

Hard to beat a Savage these days, especially if you load for it. I'm in the process of finishing a Savage mod. 111 in 338/06. All I did was true up and epoxy bed the action, Timney trigger and added a Hart 24 inch barrel. So, we'll see if this will out shoot some of other stock Savage Rifles. hahaha

I'd be very interested to hear how that turns out.

There's something very gratifying about having a modestly priced stone cold stock anything and blowing the doors off the the fancy stuff. Savage has deserved their reputation for producing accurate rifles even if the parts they use are as rough as a cobb. The looks thing is important to most but the result thing ends all debate. It's hard not to get a .243 to shoot well so long as everything is tight. In this case I wouldn't be hard on your fine rifle but rather just be glad for your Dad for getting a good one.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.