Changing barrel on a Rem 721, .270w

I wrote you a detailed reply and you thanked me for it. Thank you for doing that, oftentimes replies are written and the OP never even acknowledges that they read it by checking the "like" button. One last thing that I thought about if you want to stay with the .270 heavy bullets. I "think" that if I were looking to build a rifle that is capable of shoot the heavy .270 bullets out of I would be looking at the .270 Winchester Short Magnum (meaning short action donor rifle), only rebarrel that rifle with a quality "1:8" twist, 26 inch barrel. I like the longer barrel on the .270 to get as much velocity as possible out of that cartridge. I believe this set up is a much better alternative than the 6.8 Western due to the increased powder capacity of the .270 WSM over the 6.8 Western. This set up will (1) let you shoot heavy weight bullets, (2) still be shooting .270 bullets, (3) be able to find components (.270 WSM isn't going to go away in the near future), (4) have a "bragging rights rifle" (<<<----very important testosterone factorđź‘Ť) that will shoot heavy weight bullets at greater velocities than a regular .270 Winchester is capable of doing. So....if you are thinking of going the route of purchasing a donor rifle, perhaps want to keep these thoughts in mind.
Ali,
Sure will look into your suggestion.
Mike

Recent Posts