Carry guns

Elkeater

so I'm not a big guy. 5'9" 170lbs so concealed carry is a challenge with bigger frame guns. I have a S&W SD9 currently but am thinking about upgrading. Looking at a Sig P365 but was wondering if anyone on here has other ideas I should look at. Budget would be $600-$700. I like 9mm but could do 40 or 10mm as well. This would be a every day carry gun and backcountry backup and we don't have grizzlies.

Glock 43
Lc9s
Shield 2.0 (1.0 triggers are trash)

I know these are way under your budget but I prefer them to a lot of handguns I've shot, and fine small comfortable to carry guns to be more appropriate for CC.

I carry a Glock 43. Haven't shot a Sig 365 yet, but they feel better in my hand. If I didn't have so much experience with Glock (duty gun), I'd get the Sig.

I run a 42 but build an awful lot of IWB holsters for the 43. Very comfortable to pack at 4 o'clock and disappears under a T-shirt.

Having several 1911's and no less than 12 Glocks, I conceal carry daily, primarily a Glock 43 but, will also conceal carry a .45 Glock 30 as well very comfortably.

Kinda depends on how you dress in my opinion. I'm in construction, so blue jeans and long sleeve shirt untucked almost every day of the year, carry full size springfield XD9. When I'm in my truck I slide it around to my hip, when I get out slide it to the small of my back. I'm an inch taller and same weight as OP. Works great for me. At church right now I just throw on my jacket and dont worry about it. Warmer months I usually put my glock 26 in my boot. Ever since that awful day in Sutherland Springs I started carrying in church.

I'm the same size as you OP, and carry a Glock 19 at about 3:30 IWB everyday. The only time it is visible is when bending over. You would be amazed how many bystanders have absolutely no clue about concealed carry. It is not even on their radar. 10 years ago when I first started concealed carrying, I was always self conscious about printing. Now I just throw on a dark colored T-shirt and go. Seriously 98% of people are oblivious to it and will never know. If anyone ever calls you out tell them it's you insulin pump and your diabetic.

Glock M29 for me. OWB holster in winter under coat or jacket. Untucked shirt or light jacket or vest in cooler weather. Summer, carried in boot or in a 5.11 tactical undershirt.

Kinda depends on how you dress in my opinion. I'm in construction, so blue jeans and long sleeve shirt untucked almost every day of the year, carry full size springfield XD9. When I'm in my truck I slide it around to my hip, when I get out slide it to the small of my back. I'm an inch taller and same weight as OP. Works great for me. At church right now I just throw on my jacket and dont worry about it. Warmer months I usually put my glock 26 in my boot. Ever since that awful day in Sutherland Springs I started carrying in church.

This time of year I'm generally dressed about the same but that SD is a little thick so it tends to print. Hence the reason for something a little thinner. And I'm with you now about carrying in church. I have a Ruger LCP that fits the bill with church clothes.

Carrying a firearm should be comforting not comfortable!

Carry as large of a pistol as you can conceal. Dress around the firearm. The micro pistols are the rage right up until people start training with them. Then they go buy something bigger. It is nice to have a micro for that one time you have to you cannot carry the larger one cause of your attire but not very often.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.