What do you carry?

Tikkamike

I live in Wyoming and have a concealed carry permit. They just passed a law saying we dont have to have a permit to carry concealed here in wyoming. I was just wondering what you guys carry and where? what holsters? load? And Pic if you can.

I carry a Stainless Ruger SP101 in 357 loaded with 125 gr hornady XPB hollow points. I carry it in a nylon Bianchi high belt holster. (belt loop is near the muzzle so the gun sits higher on my hip.)

2011-04-19141557.jpg

Para Ord P12 .45ACP typically loaded with 185grn Hornady Critical Defense. I've got a Galco Concealable for on body carry and a Maxpedition murse for summer time carry. Been thinking lately that I need something a bit easier to conceal. Maybe a Kimber Solo 9mm.

Walther P99 .40, in a Sidearmor IWB holster. It's stoked with Federal Hydra Shock loads, 165g.

Recently (about a year ago) bought an XD .45 w/ a 5" barrel, but short handle. Might think about carrying that at some point, but the Walther is pretty comfy. For HD, the XD is stoked with Hornady TAP +P, 230g.

--Ben

Springfeild XD 40 compact loaded with 165 Hydra-shoks. Inside the pant holster on a cross draw or a shoulder holster that I had custom made.
Just bought a Glock 20 10mm and I am having a custom holster made for it now.I will have 200 XTP's loaded at full power for this.

About 95% of the time I carry a Kimber Ultra Raptor II 3" barrel .45ACP. I use a Mitch Rosen high ride holster on the strong side. Occasionally I will carry it in an inside the pants type holster under a tucked in shirt on the weak side in front. It is pretty easy to get quickly by unbuttoning one button, or you can sew a button in place and use velcro in its place for even faster access. I don't like this position for all day carry as it is not very comfortable but it is quite concealed even for a pistol that size. If I have to be very careful about the gun printing I will carry a Ruger LCP .380, or Ruger LCR 38 +P in an ankle holster. I carry everyday, all day and will simply leave my weapon in the truck if going into a prohibited building.

The new Kimber 9mm is pretty sweet, but in my opinion if you can conceal it, you can conceal the 3" barrel .45. More firepower is always better IMHO.gun)

MIL spec springfield 1911 in a milt sparks ITWB holster
Milt sparks holsters are spendy and take about 6 months to get
but I can carry all day and not even notice it on my hip and cover it with only a t shirt.

Sigarms Model 229 Equinox chamber in 357 Sig loaded with 124 grain Hornady XTP handloads.

Either a JBP Model 035 in or out of the pant and a Galco lined Fletch with top strap
depending what I'm doing.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.