Carbon Wrapped Hunting Rifle

Yes sir, and the barrel is 22", also I just put it back on the scale and its 9.7lbs. Sorry for the misleading weight.
The adjustable cheek is custom light weight from TS Customs as well so that helps.
IMG_2410.jpg

So I have done some looking, and I have found a Christensen Mesa in 7mm Mag for 925 at my local gun shop. I like the stock, trigger, and action it has on it already. Would I be crazy to rebarrel it with a Proof and make it a LA 6.5 PRC? It would also allow me to turn it into a 300 Win or Wby Mag at some point should I decide I want that.

Defiance Machine actions are sooo smoothhh and use M16 Extractors. https://defiancemachine.com/ Top if off with a Proof Research Carbon Wrapped barrel and a Trigger Tech trigger. My dream rifle & next build. I've got a Christensen Ridgeline in 6.5-284, It has so much jump that I thought it was a Weatherby. I like Berger VLD's, but I can't get close enough to the lands to get any accuracy. Finally got sub-minute with Berger 156gr Hybrid Hunting Bullets, but it was a struggle. The Christensen is pretty finicky about bullets. Their customer service was non-responsive. Guess they don't like customers wanting things like a new barrel!! My Ridgeline will eventually get sold or get a Proof Research Barrel. Good luck!!

I bought a Christensen. Still trying to find a load that will shoot. Throat is too long for my standby 140 gr Berger VLD secant ogive bullet. If I can't dial it in, my next step will be to put a Proof Research barrel on it. I like the Trigger Tech trigger. Overall nice rifle, but accuracy has been a disappointment. I do have some sub-minute loads, barely. Can't get to sub-half minute accuracy:(
I had the same trouble. Finally got it to shoot with Berger 156 gr Hybrid Hunter bullets seated 0.030 off the lands (only contacting about 1/2 of the neck, but I'm shooting 1/2" groups at 100 yard with Reloader 26 powder. It sprays the 153.5 gr Hybrid Target Bullets. Too much jump in Christensens!!

I had the same trouble. Finally got it to shoot with Berger 156 gr Hybrid Hunter bullets seated 0.030 off the lands (only contacting about 1/2 of the neck, but I'm shooting 1/2" groups at 100 yard with Reloader 26 powder. It sprays the 153.5 gr Hybrid Target Bullets. Too much jump in Christensens!!
What caliber?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.