Carbon wrapped barrels

• Thread starter Deleted member 25294
  • Start date
I've had good results with my first one, a Christensen Arms barrel in 300 ultra. I've shot the heck out of it. So when it came time recently for a new barrel I decided to try the Proof Research. I had this one chambered in 300 RUM as well but this one has a 1 in 9.4'' twist. I'll be pleased if it shoots as good as the first one.

Attachments

• IMG_1854.JPG
    IMG_1854.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1864.JPG
    IMG_1864.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1861.JPG
    IMG_1861.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 194
I've heard from a very opinionated gun smith that they weren't lasting long and were burning out quickly, but the claim seems unsubstantiated so far.

Just got back from shooting a 6.5 GAP 4S w. 26" Proof Sendero 1:8" that I did load development for last year. Owner bought a new scooe, so I mounted it up and went and sighted it in. Pushing a 140 HVLD @ 3150 into .2s.

This is the 200 yard group it shot during site in.

Yes heat from outside influences will destroy that carbon....
Client put a fishing rod over the heater and destroyed it in seconds...
$350 rod.....gone.....of course he had to pay for that screwup...if he had broke it on a fish..no......but how many times do you have to remind a person to not put it over the heater in a driftboat.....
For years he did this....burnt his line many times...........

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts