Carbon Ring vs CLR

With frequent use...there should be no carbon ring issue.
If you use ANY carbon cleaner, such as Carby Kleen, Brake Kleen or CLR when you do have a carbon ring, let it soak for 10-15 mins. I soak a cotton bore mop, push it in tight and dribble more in from the muzzle. Let it sit in place, soak then remove it and douse more on a bronze brush. You can use a hand drill to spin the brush, but stroking it back and forth works. I normally use a worn out brush or an undersize brush.

Cheers.

On my few rifles that get carbon rings I do as MagnumManiac above does but I use car injector cleaner or Mercury marine carbon treatment. Usually a 30 minute soak and a few passes with a nylon brush and it's gone.

I do many of the same things here...soak a cotton tube swab that I use to clean the chamber, let that soak with BoreTech carbon cleaner, scrub a bit, and if needed do it again or take an undersized nylon brush, wrap in a patch and use a drill to clean, using a little metal cleaner as needed.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.