Proof vs Christensen Carbon

Does anyone know if the pre-fits Stocky's carries have a threaded muzzle? Their stock picture on the website makes it look not threaded. I can find out Monday, but if anyone here ordered from them I'd like to know.

I looked and could not find a threaded muzzle...Shoot your 6.5x284 and see if you want one...

I just compared the balance point of a LA Christensen Ridgeline w/26" barrel + radial brake to a SA Model 70 with 22" sporter barrel. Balance point on both is right in front of the front action screw. Both are excellent carry rifles.

Just ordered a Proof 28" Sendero barrel, going to have it threaded 5/8x24. This thread, in addition to lots of hours of research on accuracy and balance, led me to this decision for a carbon wrapped barrel.

Just ordered a Proof 28" Sendero barrel, going to have it threaded 5/8x24. This thread, in addition to lots of hours of research on accuracy and balance, led me to this decision for a carbon wrapped barrel.
What is your timeline for this rifle?

Steve

Who is going to thread the muzzle for you?

What are they charging you to thread the muzzle?...I agree they would know how to do it...

Zero dollars. I ordered the barrel through Stocky's, and after talking with a lady there she said there is no cost to having the muzzle threaded. I was happy to say the least.

Zero dollars. I ordered the barrel through Stocky's, and after talking with a lady there she said there is no cost to having the muzzle threaded. I was happy to say the least.

I will call them up...but I do not expect to be as lucky as you...:)

I shot about 60 rounds through my 28" PR Carbon 6.5x284 barrel last night. I was shooting 5 shot strings...only allowing it to cool down between strings...140gr Nosler RDF bullets. Ave 3123fps...

First shot hits on a 8" target @505 yards and at 712 yrds on a 12" target. I did the dial and there was no wind...

I swear that the carbon wrap got warmer than the metal end of the barrel or at the metal barrel bolt action junction. Still making no sense...

I doubt they'd thread the barrel for free if you've already purchased it and it's shooting. I ordered the barrel from Stocky's and they are shipping it to Proof, and when Proof is done with it they're shipping it to me.

I doubt they'd thread the barrel for free if you've already purchased it and it's shooting. I ordered the barrel from Stocky's and they are shipping it to Proof, and when Proof is done with it they're shipping it to me.

Lucky...:)

Anyways...it looks there is a node around in these barrels around 3125fps. Shot this last night with a Magnetospeed hanging off the end of my barrel. Ave 3124fps, RL26, fireformed, necksized, 140 Nosler RDFs. ES 13 SD 5.1. 101 yrds...might of biffed one...:) shooting out of the back of my pick up...

Proof node.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.