Can you guess what caused this failure?

It has only been sitting up for a few years. Do you really think I'll need a can of compression? A can of that is kinda expensive--and heavy, too. Especially when it is for a diesel cowdozer. Maybe I'll just fill the turbo-charger with liquid rubber to keep all the exhaust from escaping. Do you think that'll work?
Maybe, but a can of compression is a sure thing. Esp. in a diesel!!!

Maybe, but a can of compression is a sure thing. Esp. in a diesel!!!
I hear they have improved those cans of compression for old diesel engines. They have made 'em lighter and cheaper. I guess I can use the mule to get it out to the field. I am gonna have to use the mule to drag the cowdozer until it starts 'cause somebody thought they need the starter motor more than me. And they musta took the brake lights, too, 'cause there ain't none on the machine. Also, I got a flat on the right rear track and I cain't figure out where to hook up the air hose to pump it up. I'm thinking I may need to fly skipglo down for a hog hunt and to fix this cowdozer once and for all.

Never seen that before. I am surprised that the barrel didn't explode instead of bending. Wants to make you get another table to shoot from and stay away from others. Never know what going to happen. Hopefully everybody is OK.

Never seen that before. I am surprised that the barrel didn't explode instead of bending. Wants to make you get another table to shoot from and stay away from others. Never know what going to happen. Hopefully everybody is OK.
1625868217813.png

Sure looks to me like it exploded, ........

I personally am not convinced that it was from copper build up from even several hundred shots without cleaning.
That's good, because it's extremely unlikely.

I have several rifles that I've gone over 1500 rounds without cleaning. They eventually did pressure up, but it was fairly gradual and certainly not going from "everything is fine" to "gun explode" in one shot.

After my post. I looked at the picture more. Sure split the barrel. He's luck that the rifle was rested. If hand held, I would think he would have lost some fingers or possible a hand. I would say if he put 1500 round through the tube without cleaning it isn't to smart.