What is your guess?

<ā€¦.yawnā€¦.>
Brace yourself if you have fan-boy cahones. Not my intent step on themā€¦.šŸ˜

Remington has a history of creating a number of well thought out calibers/cartrideges- andā€¦ becauce Remington also has a "Hey we are Big Greenā€¦ if we make it they will come" approach to NOT promoting their own ammo designsā€¦. many of them have languished or completely disappeared. Examples? Here is one and I would ask others to add to the list: The .260 Remington. The ballistics say it is a better cartridge than the .270 Win. And nearly a clone of the 6.5 Creedmoor. But Remington did not go out and market it and fee manufacturers of firearms adopted it as a caliberā€¦ so it is all but dead.
Nopeā€¦.. if Remington makes it- I will avoid it at least for enough years to see that it succeeds in the market so as to remain a viable round without having to reload.

It's catching for most folks... 30 tc, 300 rsaum, both ruger compact mags (338 was a decent idea) 338 federal died faster than expected, and whatever happened to the 22 nosler, the 224 valkyrie, anyone see a 6.8 spc on the shelf recently? It's an industry problem, but we'd be mad if they never gave us anything new. I remember the 6.5 Creedmoor launch, it took about 3 years to catch on. It wasn't obvious that it would dominate like it did.

I couldn't agree more with teesquare. Although not alone Remington has been the forerunner of produce it and let it live or die on it's own. That of course was a different Remington so hopefully that has changed. Part of the issue too is the fact we now live in a society that can't focus on a thought for more than 5 minutes.
Hence the life time supply of brass approach.
I did complete a web contact form on the Marlin site asking about plans for chambering the 360 in their rifles. I will post the reply when I get an answer.

I had a large disagreement with comfisherman on this forum because he didnt know what I personaly went through with remington. I had made comment to his personel carature after having a word with god, Im offering my apology at the time I was angry at remington and should not have tooken it out on him. please except. thank you. Grey Goast.

I had a large disagreement with comfisherman on this forum because he didnt know what I personaly went through with remington. I had made comment to his personel carature after having a word with god, Im offering my apology at the time I was angry at remington and should not have tooken it out on him. please except. thank you. Grey Goast.
God forgives you and if comfisherman looks at the sky before he goes fishing, he will too.

Well, back to Darryle's original posting, I look forward to trying the new cartridge out when it becomes available. Of course the way they some of the manufacturer's kick off new products that could be a year or two. I do know one thing, when it comes time to play with this new cartridge I will buy a lifetime supply of brass from the get-go. Manufacturers don't seem to support their customers like they have in the past so I will make sure I am set regardless of the cartridges success or ability of the manufacturers to keep up with supply.
Even if you don't have a lifetime supply of brass, it can be made easy enough. It's based on the 30-30 Winchester case. Basically it's a 30-30 case with straight walls and shortened to 1.8 inches.

Well, that certainly cleared things up. Guess I keep hoping but I have to tell you I can't say I feel it's right around the corner. Who would have thought future offerings was proprietary information in an industry that gets everyone excited about new stuff that isn't on the shelf for 2 years.

Our plans are to bring back the entire line-up over time. We ask that you please bear with us during this process, and rest assured we are committed to producing Marlin firearms with the same quality and attention to detail that is a hallmark of Ruger. We are confident the resulting product will be something you will be proud to enjoy moving forward. We are always working on exciting new products and will introduce them as they are ready. However, as a publicly traded Company, we are mindful of applicable laws and regulations regarding disclosure of inside information and therefore are careful not to disclose any new product plans in advance. Candidly, we also find that it occasionally takes longer than expected to get a new product across the finish line, and our plans and priorities change over time, so we would be reluctant to talk about product plans in any event.

In sum, we are not able to respond to your question, but hope you understand that it is simply due to applicable laws regarding public disclosures.

To stay up-to-date with our progress, please sign up for our email and newsletter list at Ruger.com/Marlin and also be sure to follow us on Instagram @MarlinFirearmsOfficial and Facebook @MarlinFirearms as well.

Thank you for your interest in Marlin

Ruger Customer Service

Wow that's a non answer answer.

They did have a 336 at shot range day in 3030, one or the firearms news aggregators had a picture floating around. So guessing it's around the corner not to far out, for as yawn worthy as this years shot has been I'm kinda surprised it didn't get more press or questions. Granted marlin making a 335 probably shouldn't be news and or maybe it was mis attributed to new production.

Coming out with something and being able to purchase it are vastly different things these days. A single shot 350 legend apparently is a unicornā€¦

If for an Encore or Contender have you checked MGM?
I've been hoping for a steel receiver Henry. Would consider some of the others but the encore I have just has too light of a trigger for my youth hunter. And as much trouble as I had changing springs the last go around, pretty sure my eyes wouldn't make job easier. Plus it's usually sporting my muzzleloader and used around same time. But I guess if it comes down to it another encore frame might be the way to go. Always had good luck with them.