Bushnell LRHS reports

Totoro

Hey fellas just looking for some user input please.

Good, bad, ugly...

Been debating whether to retire my Mk4 LR models in favor for the LRHS.

THX!

Love my 4.5-18x44mm LRHS MOA..... going pig hunting in 2 weeks, so was out shooting this morning. Great glass, edge to edge clarity, good eye relief, and I am a big fan of the reticle......I think it's best in class for a $900 - $1000 scope.

I've had a 3-12 for several years. It's a great scope. Zero retention, tracking and return to zero are excellent. Glass is well above its pay grade and it has a great feature set. As stated above, the best scope out there in its price range.

John

Thx for the info fellas!

How many full turns in elevation do you have after your respective zero ranges?

And are either of you running a sloped base?

Thx!

I run a 10 MOA NEAR alpha mount on my custom R700 280AI........can reach out to 1200 yrds, which is about 600 more than I need in my hunting rig.....lol.

So lil, the elevation is not limited to one or two complete revolutions then?

I am shooting a Leupy with an M1 knob know, so I want a zero stop but max elevation.

if you like a FFP reticle that isn't usable in low light or even marginal light its a great scope. You must also embrace the mil system, they have an MOA model but again its still FFP. I otherwise like the rest of the scope, but I would look very closely at that reticle on low power because I don't like it and it would not work for me because of that.

Thx CC for the reply.

Yes agreed at low light the reticle is a bit faint.

But my choice of gun for this scope is for wide open areas.

Truth be told its either the LRHS or NXS.

ON BUSHNELL QUALITY:

Yes, my Bushnell Elite ERS 3.5 - 21 x 50 tactical scope is in Bushy's pricey end but when compared with many other similar but much pricier tactical scopes it shines. The Precision Rifle Blog placed it 9th out of the 18 tactical scopes they tested and also named it "Best-for-the-Money".

I use the ERS on My Ruger Precision Rifle for competition and it lets the rifle meet its accuracy potential. And that potential for an RPR is quite high, as in 1/2 MOA with Hornady ELD-M match ammo in my rifle.

-> Also my 10X Bushnell ARC 1 Mile laser rangefinder binoculars are rated "Best Buy" by other reviewers, two of which are former Army snipers. I love them for hunting. Their glass is good but not fantastic. Their ranging ability beats a few much higher priced LRF binoculars, especially ranging through brush.

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.