Bushnell LRHS/LRTS verses...

wilkup

Who's running one of these and what are your thoughts?
Looking to throw a new optic on my rifle for hunting and have seen some promising reviews of these optics. Who uses one?

I've used the 3-12 LRHS for about 3 years and just recently started using the 4.5-18 LRTSi. They are both superb. They track correctly, return to zero reliably and retain zero. The glass is far above their price point. The feature set is great. Love the low profile 10 mil/rev elevation turret. The zero stop is easy to set and clicks are positive. Between the two, I prefer the capped windage turret of the LRHS. The locking windage turret on the LRTSi is effective and not obtrusive but I like the lower profile of the capped windage turret a little better. They got the illumination on the LRTSi right. The reticle is daylight visible at full bright and barely nighttime visible on its lowest setting with anything you want in between. I wish my LRHS reticle was illuminated as well.

They are fantastic scopes. They are the best value in their price range.

John

I've used the 3-12 LRHS for about 3 years and just recently started using the 4.5-18 LRTSi. They are both superb. They track correctly, return to zero reliably and retain zero. The glass is far above their price point. The feature set is great. Love the low profile 10 mil/rev elevation turret. The zero stop is easy to set and clicks are positive. Between the two, I prefer the capped windage turret of the LRHS. The locking windage turret on the LRTSi is effective and not obtrusive but I like the lower profile of the capped windage turret a little better. They got the illumination on the LRTSi right. The reticle is daylight visible at full bright and barely nighttime visible on its lowest setting with anything you want in between. I wish my LRHS reticle was illuminated as well.

John

I couldnt have said it better. I have a 4.4x18 and agree it is tops in its price range;)

How's glass compare in hunting scenarios? I know it's different for each eye, but I'm looking for at least an idea.
How's it compare with Leupold, NF, Vortex, etc?

I`ll give it a try...

-Slightly better than NXS, on par with ATACR 4-16 I have.
-Better than Vortex PST Gen 1, dont have experience with Gen 2 or Razor.
-Better than the VX3 series. I dont have experience with VX6 and so forth.

Its glass quality will surprise people. Fit and finish is good. Quality "feel" to it and solid tracking. Great value in my opinion.

John

I will also second this message. I've got some time on the same scope, and found that it was just superb. The glass is plenty good enough to do whatever you need to do. Other than that, I just don't see any value in splitting hairs over glass quality in the real world. The reticle is nice and easy to use. I dial elevation and hold for wind, and it made that task easy enough. If you're into holdovers, I hear it works well for that too. Really liked the elevation turret. Low profile, and the white arrow that reminds you that you're on zero is a small thing, but a very nice touch. Easy to set zero stop and has positive clicks. It has made repeatable corrections and returned to zero just fine for me.

Interested in these scopes as well, they seem like a close to perfect hunting scope to me.

My only concern is the 2 mil "Circle of Death", not sure if I would love it or hate it?

Interested in these scopes as well, they seem like a close to perfect hunting scope to me.

My only concern is the 2 mil "Circle of Death", not sure if I would love it or hate it?
I'm actually most interested in this part. I think it'd be perfect for low light since it's a FFP and for me these reticles are more difficult to see in those situations. It'd work perfect for low power dusk/dawn shots.
The more I read up on these LRHS scopes, the more I'm intrigued and willing to suck up the additional weight compared to a VX5/6HD. The feature set is perfect for my needs it would seem.

to me, you have to just default to illuminated reticle if you're going to hunt with a FFP scope no matter who makes it. it's not much more $, and it removes all doubt.

Tagging in. Im getting a 4.5-18 sometime down the road. Hopefully they have their 25% off sale again this year. Cant deside between mil vs moa. But either would be great.

to me, you have to just default to illuminated reticle if you're going to hunt with a FFP scope no matter who makes it. it's not much more $, and it removes all doubt.
Have you run the Bushy LRHS on a hunting rifle?
I've run the Burris Veracity 5-25x50 FFP on a hunting rifle and it wasn't bad until dusk/dawn, but only when I was running on lower powers. Above 15x, I didn't have any issues. The death ring on the LRHS seems like it'd negate that problem.

I owned an LRHS 4.5-18 for a while until i sold it to pick up an HDMR II. It's quite a lot of optic for the money, though i think i'd prefer the 3-12 over the 4.5-18 less they shortened the form factor and increased the objective size. Eyebox gets a little tight at 18x. Glass was impeccable for what i paid (806$ at the time), it held it's own against my USO SN-3, CA was minor, edge to edge clarity was good, and the clicks were very good on the elevation knob. I never really tested it much in lowlight, it was on dad's SAUM for a while and he said he didn't care for it in lowlight.

Funny enough my HDMR II has pretty severe CA, more mushy turrets, and a little worse edge to edge clarity despite the price disparity. Resolution on both are very good though.

whats the weight ratio of the Bushnell LRHS to the NF NXS I like the decent review and do they have superb warranty like the vortex.

Recent Posts