Bushnell Discontinuing LRHS

Hondo64d

Was very disappointed to hear Bushnell is discontinuing it's LRHS line. They are arguably the best long range hunting scope out there. They retain zero, track superbly, and their glass is very good. Low profile 10 mil/rev elevation turret and capped windage turret. Bushnell still has 4.5-18 illuminated in stock but are producing no more of them or the 3-12s. Others have the 3-12s on closeout. Optics Zone has them for $855, which is an absolute bargain. Get em while they're hot!

Interesting enough they are continuing to produce the LRTS and LRTSi. These are same scope as the LRHS except they have a locking windage turret instead of capped and no donut in the reticle. I prefer the LRTSi to the LRHS just because of the reticle, though I do prefer the capped windage turret of the LRHS..

Belton from Bushnell tells me they are releasing a replacement for the LRHS in June but he had no details on what it might be. My fear is they'll go 34mm, maybe a variant of the DMR II. In my view that would make it too heavy and bulky for a hunting rifle.

Oh well... the search continues...

John

This really sucks. The LRHS is an outstanding scope. If they go 34mm I'm out too for the exact same reason as you. The beauty imo of the 3-12 LRHS was that you could get a bombproof and excellent tracking scope in a relatively trim package for it's class.

Wonder why Bushnell wouldn't have made a announcement at SHOT of the new replacement if they plan on releasing it in June?

I was just looking at Bushnell scopes. I was assuming they were long range hunting scopes, and they were supposed to be new for 2018. They may have new models but I think they still make them. Look up Bushnell 2018 model scopes and sort through them. Good luck hunting and be safe.

I was just looking at Bushnell scopes. I was assuming they were long range hunting scopes, and they were supposed to be new for 2018. They may have new models but I think they still make them. Look up Bushnell 2018 model scopes and sort through them. Good luck hunting and be safe.

I personally talked to Belton from Bushnell and he confirmed they are indeed discontinuing the LRHS. He further stated they are bringing out a replacement in June.

John

They're probably looking to field a replacement with ED glass. Just like the DMR II Pro being announced with ED glass. Which is very interesting to me because i'm curious to see what it does to their pricing structure. With the XRS II at $2300 and the DMR II at $1600, where does the DMR II pro fall? It would make since to me to drop the DMR II to $1300, put the DMR II pro at $1600, and leave the XRS II at $2300.

So having said that i wonder if a LRHS II with ED glass is coming at $1300-$1600 it would be impressive no doubt. I looked through an XRS II briefly at K&M before they were officially announced last year and the glass was very good. My friends with Gen II razors got behind and couldn't tell a difference. Glass is from LOW in Japan, who also fields the Gen II razor and ATACR glass.

Well if the replacement is like the engage line the brought out to cover the other two elites they have dropped, they are going backwards.
I know they have changed some of their warranty also. I want to know what is going to happen when one of my 4500 or 6500's has an issue and I send it in.
Replace with an inferior scope, but with the same ,X's and features. I already went around with them a couple of times in the past two years.
FYI the also dropped the elite pistol scope. May not have been a fast mover, but was a excellent piece of glass. I have had Leupold and Burris and neither had the usable eye relief of the bushnell.
They tried to push me to the Weaver. Glass is so so, but they would not track for me.
They better wake up. Sightron and Vortex will leave them behind real quick.
Jeff

I personally talked to Belton from Bushnell and he confirmed they are indeed discontinuing the LRHS. He further stated they are bringing out a replacement in June.

John
I just looked again and they list the scopes as 2018 Bushnell scopes, perhaps these scopes they list as 2018 are not what you call LRHS scopes; 4.5-30X50 Elite with Mil dot , 3.5-21X50 G3, 6-24X50 Elite. These are all available at Optics Planet, Inc. [us]. and are listed as 2018 Bushnell scopes. Have all of these been discontinued?

Negative, that's why i said 1300-1600. What's the current listing? I got my LRHS for 806$ new during the 25% rebate program from optics planet months ago.

I was sort'a "tounge in cheek" on that one. Thanks for posting the sale. That's a good price.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.