Burris veracity

In the past I have had both the Burris Veracity and XTRII. I was not pleased with the clarity when at highest zoom so I got rid of both of them. I like Burris handgun scopes and anything I am using for lower power. I like Burris but I would choose something else.
I was told Burris handgun scopes were the best until I mounted one on my 460 smith. After only 6 shots it was toast. Sent it out and they repaired it but lost confidence in it and sold it. Went leupold

Do you think I'm need to go 50mm objective? Or is 44mm ok?
I'd say 44 is enough not all that different from the 50.
Also vortex and leupold have the law enforcement/military retired or current service discount. Vortex is 40% off msrp and leupold is 45% off. It's easier imo to order and get registered through vortex.

I have a few Burris Veracity's, for the price I don't think you can beat them. If you are in to dialing you can call Burris and get exposed turrets too. Watch Natchez for blems, I've bought a few and couldn't find anything wrong with them. Added a pic of my 3-15 with exposed elevation turret.

I'll also add, I've had VX3 hd and a few different Vipers but don't have either anymore. I'd say vx5 is a fair comparison to the veracity. I have the 3-15 vx5 and they are very close, vx5 is lighter though.

Attachments

• 5D6EDC58-1AD7-4E93-8620-2E1D676D7BE8.jpeg
    5D6EDC58-1AD7-4E93-8620-2E1D676D7BE8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I would definitely look at the Trijicon Credo! Eurooptic has an amazing deal on them right now this is a 4-16x50 sfp $599 Japanese glass trijicon reliability what more could you want. I have the 4-24x50 tenmile and it performs perfectly. The tenmile and credo are the same the credo is the hunting version. I have a Nightforce nx8 4-32x50, Vortex razor lht, Bushnell elite tactical xrs3 and the trijicon is on par with all of them.
16664632011046939214390907471860.jpg

I was told Burris handgun scopes were the best until I mounted one on my 460 smith. After only 6 shots it was toast. Sent it out and they repaired it but lost confidence in it and sold it. Went leupold
A bit off topic but I used Nikon on my 454 Casual, Crimson Trace on my 460 (so far so good) and Leupold on the 30-06. I think I have Burris on my 7mm-08 Striker and also on my 6mmbr Striker. I have had no problems with any of them.

Here's the problem with Nikon scopes , they are no longer supported by the factory. That is for warranty or repairs.

Anyone have any experience with the Burris Veracity? I'm deciding between the Leupold VX3 series, vortex viper HS series the the Burris Veracity. Any input would be great.

If anyone has anything for sale that they would recommend. Let me know.
I had Burris Veracity. Really liked it over the Vortex. Warranty is excellent. I inadvertently dropped one of the scope capes on the floor. My pup chewed it up before I realized 😳 I had dropped it. So I took a picture of the cap, sent an EMail to Burris and they honored the Warranty and sent me a set of new cap to me in Alberta.

The only reason I sold the scope is I was transitioning from MOA to MIL. Also have 2 XTR 2s which I am very happy with, for my older eyes.

Anyone have any experience with the Burris Veracity? I'm deciding between the Leupold VX3 series, vortex viper HS series the the Burris Veracity. Any input would be great.

If anyone has anything for sale that they would recommend. Let me know.
The three brands you mention have lifetime warranties and you can't go wrong and they will help you trouble-shoot if required. What are you looking for FFP or SFP?, MOA or MIL? I have been able to get a few scopes on DVOR, which is an optics planet site another good site is eurooptics, I have gotten some really good deals on riflescopes. But I have in the past had late delivery issues with DVOR on another Item with them. But usually have gotten my scopes in a 4-7 days, or less on my razor 2 days on a recent order Euro optics has next day on some items. They are having a few good deals this weekend on Vortex and Burris right now. I have gone from the 4x16 x44 to the higher magnifications and to the 50mm and 56 mm because of better light transmission, really helps in early morning or in dusk conditions at least with my old eyes. I have multiple scopes of each brand you have mentioned and have not had an issue with any of them. I have recently setup a FFP Vortex strike eagle on my custom 375 ruger easiest zero setup I have done, my brother has a veracity and likes it. I have a Vx3 long range on my 338 win mag, like it a lot.

If you are on the Front range I can recommend you go talk to the guys at Mile High Shooting and those guys helped me pick out a new scope for my lightweight hunting rig.

I had to do a little digging before posting as I thought the Veracity was available with the SCR MOA reticle. It is, albeit at a higher price than the E1. I've sold all of my Leupolds & am moving to Burris (granted I run XTR IIIs). With the brands/models listed by the OP, Burris is the clear winner. There's only one Vortex to keep, that would be the Razor.

t