Burris Veracity

bstomper

Any one have any xperience with the Burris veracity line of scopes. The 4-20x50 to be exact. I like the idea of the second level of click numbers on the elevation turret as well as the turret caps for protection. I have always thought were supposed to be decent scopes but have had no experience with them. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Mine will be here Wednesday.

You need to do a site search up top on this page. There are several post on it with pics.

FEENIX has one and loves it I believe.

Mine will be here Wednesday.

You need to do a site search up top on this page. There are several post on it with pics.

FEENIX has one and loves it I believe.

Aye Sir! It's on my .270 AI and performed better than I expected.

Attachments

• 1116141048a.jpg
    1116141048a.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 1101141037.jpg
    1101141037.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 122
Any one have any xperience with the Burris veracity line of scopes. The 4-20x50 to be exact. I like the idea of the second level of click numbers on the elevation turret as well as the turret caps for protection. I have always thought were supposed to be decent scopes but have had no experience with them. Any info would be greatly appreciated

I've been using one for two years and love it. Furthest shot on game was mule deer at 800 yards. I've shot a lot of stuff with it. I dial and then use the moa horizontal marks to hold wind. The glass is decent, not awesome, but good enough. The zero stops work as good or better than more expensive scopes I have and its not as heavy as many of the other options. For quick shots to 500 I use the ffp reticle. After that I dial.

It's been beat in a saddle scabbard and on my back for hundreds of miles and held zero perfectly. I like the fact that it has turret caps and I use them. It's a solid fairly inexpensive option.

I've been using one for two years and love it. Furthest shot on game was mule deer at 800 yards. I've shot a lot of stuff with it. I dial and then use the moa horizontal marks to hold wind. The glass is decent, not awesome, but good enough. The zero stops work as good or better than more expensive scopes I have and its not as heavy as many of the other options. For quick shots to 500 I use the ffp reticle. After that I dial.

It's been beat in a saddle scabbard and on my back for hundreds of miles and held zero perfectly. I like the fact that it has turret caps and I use them. It's a solid fairly inexpensive option.

Excellent! There's no better test than real world experience, thanks for sharing.

Ed

Thanks guys. For my budget I have it narrowed down to the vortex hst 4-16x44 and the burris veracity 4-20x50. Up here in canada they are very similar priced with the veracity about $100 more, but thats not an issue. As far as glass quality goes, at least for myself, I'm still shooting with a 15 year old Bushnell elite 3200 3-9x40, and I have been pleased with the glass on it, so I'm sure either one would be more than adequate for me. I had my heart set on the HST until I found the veracity, it seems to have a few more options than the vortex that appeal to me and the extra 4x magnafication is a bonus, even though i'm not even sure if I need it. How exactly does the BDC work on the veracity. Is there a section on the website to calculate the yardage of each hash mark. How accurate is it out to the distances.

I have seen the reticle sub tentions before, but I must be missing something or not understanding. I don't see how it works. Do I have to plug in the MOA value into my ballistics calculator for each corresponding yardage. ie: 400 yards - 3.56 moa. My 7mm rm will impact different than a 270.

What I'm going to do is plug in my drops to the corresponding MOA value.

It's easy.
It won't be an even yardage but it will work.

It's a toss up as to whether Im going to mount it on my 6.5 284 or 270wsm but it will be simple either way.

Good idea. I might just borrow your idea. Could make a small cheat sheet with the moa value and corresponding yardage for each hash mark below the centerline of the reticle.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.