Burris Veracity

Jkling12

I am going to order a Veracity this week, on sale and 100$ rebate. I am hoping this is an upgrade from my VX-3. It willl be my first ffp scope. It will be used for 600 yards and in hunting. I can't decide on 4-20 or 3-15. They weigh almost the same and its going on a rem 700 m40 stock, fluted varmint contour 24' barreled 30-06.
Thanks

I would go with the higher power. You will appreciate the the 20x at distances beyond 500 yds for target shooting.

I am leaning towards the 4-20 also because i can get the MAD knobs from burris with it. Thanks

I am going to order a Veracity this week, on sale and 100$ rebate. I am hoping this is an upgrade from my VX-3. It willl be my first ffp scope. It will be used for 600 yards and in hunting. I can't decide on 4-20 or 3-15. They weigh almost the same and its going on a rem 700 m40 stock, fluted varmint contour 24' barreled 30-06.
Thanks

I have the 4-20x50 on my .270 AI and very pleased with it. My son hit a target at 936 yards with it set at 10X.

If you haven't ordered yet, sportoptics.com has the 4-20 for $687, which makes it under $600 after rebate. I put one with the mads knobs on my 264 and really like it, great scope for a lr hunting rig.

If you haven't ordered yet, sportoptics.com has the 4-20 for $687, which makes it under $600 after rebate. I put one with the mads knobs on my 264 and really like it, great scope for a lr hunting rig.

The MADD will limit your elevation to 20-25 MOA up adjustment for single rotation turret instead of 35 MOA of up internal adjustment.

The MADD will limit your elevation to 20-25 MOA up adjustment for single rotation turret instead of 35 MOA of up internal adjustment.

You get 24 moa, which is plenty for out to 1000 yards on almost any hunting rifle.

Nice. Like I said in the other thread, great scope for a 1000 yard rifle, but not much beyond that. I love the mads system because I prefer a covered turret on my hunting rifles.

I too prefer a covered, which my scope does, but I prefer to maximize its potential. With a 20 MOA base, I have ~55 MOA of up adjustment; so far the farthest shot under its built is a 936 yard shot by my son ... his 1st shot behind the trigger of my .270 AI.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.