Burris veracity

I don't know how good the glass is on the new Arkens but my older model Sh4 gen 2 has just ok glass but it dials and repeats back to zero which I think is there biggest selling point and lots of internal adjustment. With that said just got an email from sportsman's for pre Black Friday sales and they have a few Riton scopes which I don't know anything about them but they were in as low as 250 to I think above 600 dollar range. If anyone knows about them could they elaborate. For me I only have 4 scopes that I used for dialing. I have 2 many guns to have really high end stuff. Decent glass, a good load work up and a scope that holds zero and dials repeatable get you a long ways in the aspect of hunting/shooting when wanting to shoot to longer ranges.

Yesterday I was comparing my Arken SH4 to my vortex and my Redfield. The Arken had the worst glass out of the 3. The edges get blurry (just remember this is a non HD glass scope with high mag 6x24). For me the reticle is very fine when compared to the other 2 on the lowest power setting 6x. Almost 2 fine when on the lowest setting. My eyes easily seen the vortex and the Redfield which the Redfield is the heaviest reticle. I just check the new Arkens and they have the same thickness of reticle. There is some type of color difference on the Arken but almost hard to detect when looking through it. I suspect the vortex and the redfield have a little better light transmission and this is more of what I'm seeing. Vortex list their glass as XD glass which it may be the same as HD glass. So there is a difference in the glass. Tracking both Arken and Vortex track very well with the vortex being a little louder on the clicks and just a tad more crisp but its basically a tie. Tracking on the Redfield has been good also. Zero stop. Arken has vortex beat on this one. It simple and it work. My vortex goes a little past zero with the shims but actually its works fine as well. I go about 1 MOA past zero and then back to my zero. Don't mistake this a a 2 step. If I know I have not went a full rev then I can just go back to zero with out any issue. As for the shims I could not get another shim under the cap and have the zero set to where I wanted it and I don't mind it. The Arken is a FFP also where the other 2 are second. This is a big plus when using the reticle and a follow up shot. If you are off and you need a quick precise follow up you can take about 3 seconds minus chambering and make the follow up shot. I've tried this and it works; just trying to see how accurate the reticle was and missing my steel target. So if shooting at a deer/elk/target at some distance and you miss and nothing has changed you simply can see how much you were off and hold that in the reticle. I think when we see something visual like that our brains can work out those details pretty quick to say I need 2 more MOA, rack a bullet and shoot. So this leaves me with some decisions myself cause that vortex listed above and the new lighter weight Arken have been my 2 picks for my next new scope and I am still pondering over them, Both are the same price. One is SFP and the other is FFP. The new ELP Arken now comes with better glass. One has a reticle I would not use but I can see better than the other; but the other also has illumination provided the battery is working so I think that may solve the reticle issue at low light. One has hands down industry best warranty and the other; it also states its a life time warranty as well that is (transferable). One I had to fidiget with the eye relief and the parallax way more then I like to get a clear picture vs the vortex I set the eye relief once and have never since messed with it till yesterday I was inside my house trying to see if it would focus down as low as the Arken. This may also be because it goes all the way to 24X power. Sad to say the vortex would not focus at the short distance and the Redfield was also struggling. The arken will focus at a very short distance like 10 yards. Choices choices. What to to get. Humm...

I have a couple Veracity 3x15x50 that I like, and I just ordered the Arken ELP 4x16. I will soon know how they compare. I am also interested to see it against my Vortex HSLR.

The vortex listed from Midway I swear it was listening last week at 379$ and today is was 329$. So I decided I'm doing both the light weight Arken 4x16 and the Vortex. I will be able to compare them side by side. I already did that on my other SH4 Arken and the 50mm Vortex. This one from Midway I think is 44mm objective maybe a 42. But I will replace the Bushnell on my 7mm-08 with the vortex. The Bushnell has been a good scope for what it is and it's been dialing ok but no zero stop. So now that can be a back up or I still have 1 more rifle that doesn't have a scope so it can be put on it probably after the barrel is replaced. Man I wish I had a bore scope. I'm pretty sure there are some cheap ones on Amazon that people say work pretty good. Then I would know for sure on that barrel. Last time I cleaned it; it had a carbon ring in the throat or just a little past. I decided to try and give it another go around and I bought a new wire brush to do some heavy scrubbing and it was stopping pretty hard right past the chamber. Filled barrel full of cleaner and let set over night. A gang pile of stuff came out and no more restriction right past the throat. The gun does have over 4800 rounds down(6.5x284 Norma) the barrel. I would think the barrel is toast. Prior even after cleaning it would open from sub MOA to over MOA. After about 30 rounds. So I just think it's building carbon in the barrel right past the chamber pretty fast. Probably a lot of cracking and worn down lands.

The vortex listed from Midway I swear it was listening last week at 379$ and today is was 329$. So I decided I'm doing both the light weight Arken 4x16 and the Vortex. I will be able to compare them side by side. I already did that on my other SH4 Arken and the 50mm Vortex. This one from Midway I think is 44mm objective maybe a 42. But I will replace the Bushnell on my 7mm-08 with the vortex. The Bushnell has been a good scope for what it is and it's been dialing ok but no zero stop. So now that can be a back up or I still have 1 more rifle that doesn't have a scope so it can be put on it probably after the barrel is replaced. Man I wish I had a bore scope. I'm pretty sure there are some cheap ones on Amazon that people say work pretty good. Then I would know for sure on that barrel. Last time I cleaned it; it had a carbon ring in the throat or just a little past. I decided to try and give it another go around and I bought a new wire brush to do some heavy scrubbing and it was stopping pretty hard right past the chamber. Filled barrel full of cleaner and let set over night. A gang pile of stuff came out and no more restriction right past the throat. The gun does have over 4800 rounds down(6.5x284 Norma) the barrel. I would think the barrel is toast. Prior even after cleaning it would open from sub MOA to over MOA. After about 30 rounds. So I just think it's building carbon in the barrel right past the chamber pretty fast. Probably a lot of cracking and worn down lands.
:oops:...WOW!!! That's a lot of rounds for 6.5-284 Norma!!!

Recent Posts