bullet selection

grizzly

What is your top pick pick for a long range hunting bullet??? Ranges out to 1000 yards..

I have yet to shoot a critter at 1000 but the accubond has performed very well from 20 out to 600 for me. There's a few guys on this site that have used them out to 1000 and beyond. IMO its about the best "do all" bullet.

I choose the bergers, if available in the calliber of choice. Had great success with kills and also great success with accuracy using them.

I would have to say the Accubond because of availability
and performance, also the ballistic tip will shoot and perform
almost the same.

I learned a long time ago not to place all of my eggs in one
basket and depend on special bullets that may not be available
at times for my hunting rifles.

I realy like the looks of the 250gr Accubond in .338 and time will
tell just how good the performance is at long range.

There are a lot of good bullets, and I have tried all that I could get
(Some like the ULD Remain unavailable to some of us.)

Bullets ,brass,powder and primers are all consumables and I like to go
with something that will be available for a long time.

Just My way of thinking
J E CUSTOM

between my buddy and I last fall we used both accubonds and berger bullets. Both worked extremely well. 180 grain accubond on an elk at just under 700 yards, and a berger 210 grn on a nice buck at just under 600 yards. both performed great. my choice is either one of those types of bullets.

This is the information that berger gave me so far:
Sorry at the current time we do not have any data for the 300 Tomahawk. If we did have data I would recommend a lighter bullet than the 210 so it would come apart inside the animal. You do not want to just punch a hole through the animal and this could happen with the heavier bullet.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.