Bullet Construction vs Lethality

What I do not understand is why you would want a bunch of fragments in your meat. Wouldn't it be the same a getting a bite of a steel bb in a goose or duck?
Fwiw I've seen one deer shot with a petal shedding mono and all the petals exited. I've found a fragment of a burger before and it was easy to see in processing.
I've never bit into any fragments like that either. I carefully and thoroughly rinse any meat that the bullet went though anyway. And I use shoulder meat for sausage and jerky, so rinsing it doesn't harm the taste or quality.
Probably a unpopular opinion but it doesn't matter for other cuts either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guy Become GIF

I don't see how a bullet exiting has anything to do with faster/better killing. Blood trail, sure. I'd rather have my bullet NOT exit, fragment internally, and transfer all that potential ft/lbs of energy into tissue destruction.

To me, an exit means wasted energy and less tissue destruction.
That theory sounds good on the surface, but there are other factors that play into this too. Don't completely shut the door to other possibilities. For myself, I mainly use Bergers and the full range of monos discussed in this thread. I like personal experience. 😉

I'll have to respectfully disagree that it shouldn't matter.

I'm a big fan of copper solids and have used a lot of them. Looking at the load data from my 300 PRC, along with the Strelok wind drift data helps illustrate this. Both loads were about 1 grain below pressure running N570 powder.

One bullet that weighs 195 grains has a confirmed BC of .345, and max velocity in this rifle was 3045 fps. Plugging in a full value 10 mph wind and moving out to 800 yards gives me a drift of 30.5 inches.

Another bullet weighs 199 grains has a stated bc of .299 and max velocity in this rifle of 3040 fps. Plugging in a full value 10 mph wind and moving out to 800 yards gives me a drift of 36.5 inches,

I'm using a 10 mph wind because it's easy to run the math for more or less wind, but 10 mph is a fairly calm day in lots of places I've hunted.

Having 6 inches of additional drift is not an insignificant amount in my opinion. The smaller the game the more significant it becomes. Wind calls are rarely perfect from muzzle to point of impact, and the wind is frequently a little stronger than 10 mph where I hunt. Higher BC bullets give you a greater margin of error if your wind call was a little off.

Bottom line for me is that we need both, great terminal performance and high bc. Hopefully threads like this are added motivation for the manufacturers to continue improving their products. There's been tremendous improvement over the last several years but still room for more.
It would be interesting if you were to shoot both bullets at as close to the same time as possible at distance using the same wind hold and see how much different they they actually hit for drift.

Well I guess the OP kinda sort of in a round about way partially answered one of my questions. Hopefully he will cover the rest and it won't take almost another week.

I've got work to do and I know how this argument goes so y'all have a good day
ButterBean,
I remember a time long ago that you actually brought great information and help to this forum. Now it seems your only purpose in life is to argue, demean and defend Hammer Bullets.

It would be interesting if you were to shoot both bullets at as close to the same time as possible at distance using the same wind hold and see how much different they they actually hit for drift.
Steve,
Are you saying that the ballistic app isn't correct and that the 199 grain bullet actually will defy its lower BC in some way? I'm trying to understand what that "test" would even prove?

Have a great day everyone!
Steve