Building off of a savage action

If you guys can't tell why a mass produced $200 savage is ugly compared to a custom precision machines action then there's no reason to continue this conversation

I don't think you have a clue what your talking about, have you ever looked at the ignition timing or spring weights on custom actions, compared lug contact and bolt straightness or measure over cock pin fall on customs, very, very few are right or any better than a factory action.

Tikkamike,Just what makes a Savage ugly?
After all,It's just a bolt action rifle same as your beloved Tikka or any other brand.

Are you one of those people that have some weird sexual fantasies with tools? That's all a gun is,a tool.

For some reason,guy's like yourself seem to think that Tikka's are the greatest thing since sliced bread. You do understand that a Tikka rifle is just an "Entry Level" Sako,so it would seem that you like shooting "Turds" too!

if it makes a guy feel like hes being thrifty putting a $900 barrel on a rough, sloppy and ugly savage then go for it. but hes be better off with a cheap prefit like a mcgowan and hope for the best.. if its just as good how come you dont see them at matches? Does a tight concentric action mean nothing? those idiot PRS shooters are wasting their money apparently.

My "cheap" McGowan prefit took 3rd in a 2000 yard match against a line of guns all a multiple of the cost. The thing is it is a 1/4 MOA gun, so all the other sparkle doesn't mean squat once the bullet reaches the target. Barrels on the line in competition are drive more by who is investing in sponsorships than what actually performs.

You do know that there is nothing precision about "PRS", right? All those guys complain to me what a PIA it is to reload and how they just want to shoot factory ammo....

Umm I think I said why not.... because it's still an ugly savage.QUOTE]

Nothing more than personal opinion. I remain very confused what is ugly about a Savage. I find so much ugly with heavy and overly complex tactical builds people do, but see very, very little difference in how the actions look. I DO care about what the targets look like, and my Savages don't disappoint.

This is starting to remind me of the Creedmoor supporter conversations...

Why not?

Your going to buy a good barrel and trigger either...same parts for both builds...you pour more money into the Stiller build than a Savage build!

This is so true. My Savage shoots better than my Stiller...

Ugly actions try harder....isn't that how the saying goes?

file.jpg
I just don't see this as being ugly...I get tons of positive comments from guys at the range and hunting lease.

What you see in the above picture is $712.00 and will shoot .4 with 130gr Accu-Bond or 130gr Sierra HPBT...plus nearly same POI with either bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.